Unable to get a new chopper!

DanKurt

Keeping it on stby does not hurt it, only lasing will heat it up.

Yeah, I should have clarified in my post that the reason why I take it off standby is specifically to decrease the risk of "accidently" lasing for range when it isn't really needed. When it's active and I'm scanning terrain it is always tempting to verify range over and over.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Must admit sobek, I have never noticed the cool down times after each lase and I will look out for it. You could have given me the golden nugget I was looking for, Thanks.

By the way, last night I managed to keep the laser going for four rearms but on the last sortie I was able to lock but my missiles would not launch, I had to get close with my cannon and unguided missiles and was eventually taken out by a man pad. No idea what caused that as i could launch missiles in manual but not in auto.

I also tried leaving the chopper at the heliport for 15 mins to see if I would get a new bird, but no this didn't work and i refuse to use the recover option as it's realism or nothing for me.

I will take to the sky with lots more knowledge after this post, thanks chaps.

Here is thread mentioning the usage limits of the laser range finder:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35496&highlight=laser&page=6

Quote from GGTharos in that thread:

"The laser rangefinder operation is limited to five series of uses, with 30 minute intervals between them.

Each series gives you 16 lasings of up to 10 seconds, with 5 second intervals between lasings.

If you use the LRF more than this, you will damage it."

This cleared up why i was having problems with my laser on long missions!

PC spec: i9 9900KS @ 5.1ghz, 32GB RAM, 2 TB NVME M2, RTX 3090

Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Rift S, Custom UFC

Ehm, well, if it's realism or nothing then if you have a burnt out laser you land and pack up for the day, tbh. (It'll take a while to swap out a laser, I suspect.)

As for why you couldn't launch missiles in auto there can be tonnes of reasons. Was you weapon control power switch on? (Right of the ejector seat switches.) Was the laser on designate or normal? (Right of HSI.) If you get the problem again, remember to save the track since the reason is usually easy to see but difficult to guess.

On respawning a new chopper, did you land on your own pad? (I am unsure of whether this matters, but could be something.) There was some specific list of things to not do if you want a new chopper somewhere on the forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

so how long does the burnout usualy take on the laser?

It usally happens just as you have the tank scoped out for a kill and he has you scoped also.

You loose you aim ...tank does not:megalol:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals