5.1 sound in Windows 7, not in XP

Peter Piper

Hi to anyone that can help with this weird problem. When i play the game in XP, the music playing in the menu screen is in 5.1, but when i play the game its not, and only comes out of the front two speakers. But when i play the game in Windows 7 i get the opposite, it plays the music in the front speakers, but the game in 5.1......weird

The sound card is a DMX 6 Fire 24/96, and i know its old, but its never let me down and plays everything in full surround sound i put through it. The funny thing is that i have more problems with it in Vista and Windows 7, and no problems in XP, as the company stopped making updated Vista drivers.

So does anyone have any ideas as there are no options in the game to change much about how the sound runs?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the info, was unaware of that. As far as im aware i have the latest drivers installed on both drives, but still unsure how to fix the problem really, thats if there is a fix. I've looked at the games config file, but theres nothing really in them that can be altered. :(

Anyone else having this problem, and has fixed it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]