No textures/white planes

Ed1

Can't get Flaming Cliffs v1.12 to run properly- I keep getting white airplanes and very basic looking ground textures, with all white buildings. Have tried re-installing, as suggested elsewhere in this help desk area, but to no avail. Also tried multiple different graphics settings, both in the game and in the nvidia control panel. Alas, no help there either. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

-ed

Pole Cats 20 step program'

These are instructions for installing LockOn flaming Cliffs and modifying it for a much more visually pleasing experience. This install along with these mods requires a reasonably modern, stable and powerful system with a good fast CPU, 2GB+ memory and a decent Graphics card to run well. If you have a slower system you may leave out the Mods instructions. This will still yield a nice orderly LockOn install complete with backup. These instructions are intended for use on a new clean install. All information is provided as is and you undertake it at your own risk. I take no responsibility for trashed systems or screwed up installs. If you choose to attempt the mod section with an existing install your results may vary, particularly if you have any MODS installed. I am merely posting this as a guide that works well for myself and many others in the 104th.

Pre-install preperation:

If you are Overclocking bring your system back to stock for testing purposes.

Get and update to the latest BIOS for your motherboard (If needed)

Run disk maintenance (chkdsk and defrag)

Make sure the following divers are up to date:

DirectX

Chipset

Video

Sound

NIC

We Begin the install:

First uninstall Lockon completely and remove any left over folders. (Remember to save any missions/tracks/screenshots you want to keep)

1: Install Lock On (If under Vista/Win7 install with admin rights and either give yourself full read write access to the game install folder or disable UAC. Consider install outside of program files directory ie; "C:\Games\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\")

(Under Vista/7 x86/x64bit OS you will need to use Creative Alchemy or a similar utility for your specific sound card)

2: Install Flaming Cliffs (If FC DL version also install the all seasons terrain.)

3: Install the correct Flaming cliffs 1.12 patch for your version CD or DL. (Avialable at Lockon.ru).

4: (Win7/Vista users)Start Lockon and reboot when instructed. After the reboot ignore the message that the Starforce driver is disabled and install the starforce update. Reboot once more and you are good to go.

5: Enter the game and configure your HOTAS, Sound and Graphics options.

6: Back up the entire Lock On folder (Make a copy of the LockOn folder. Rar or zip is also fine.

You now have a solid install of LockOn. You can stop right here if you do not want to install any mods.

7: Install LoCFG tweak app. (optional..available in our downloads section).

8: Install Modman 7.1.1.0 (available in our downloads section).

9: Install Walmis F-15 model (exe) (available in our downloads section).

10: Install updated weapons for Walmis F-15 Model (modman)(available in our downloads section).

11: Install conformal fuel tanks F-15 (modman)(available at lockonfiles.com). you must register to gain access.

12: Install Simmod A-10A (modman pack not exe) (available in our downloads section).

13: Install Simmod A10A + Walmis F-15 + Walmis weapons compatibility pack (modman) (included in the above package (unrar to get all the compatibility packs)).

14: Install Su-27 3GO mod (exe). (available in our downloads section).

15: Do a quick fly in each of the above listed AC. F-15, A10A, and Su-27. Make sure you can see the new models on each AC from external view.

16: From here I install my 104th v1.5 squad specific skins made by Ruggbutt and Aero, through modman. (For 104th members get the 104th Skins v1.5 and the 104th compatibility pack 1.5 by Aero from our Download section and see Aeros post on the specifics here.. For non members there are non squad specific skins also available at lockonfiles.com)

Terrain mods next:

17: Install LOReload B1 (Modman) (available in our downloads section).

18: Install Enhanced terrain by Ruggbutt. (Modman) (available in our downloads section).

19: Install Enhanced buildings by Ruggbutt. (Modman) (available in our downloads section).

20: If planning on Multiplayer install Hyperlobby and Team speak and configure for use. (remember to use Push to talk)

This should give you a really improved visual experience when Flying Lock On Flaming Cliffs.

From here you can install the MODS of your choice at your own risk of course

I hope this is helpful. Graphics tweaks coming next.....................................

Out

Can't get Flaming Cliffs v1.12 to run properly- I keep getting white airplanes and very basic looking ground textures, with all white buildings. Have tried re-installing, as suggested elsewhere in this help desk area, but to no avail. Also tried multiple different graphics settings, both in the game and in the nvidia control panel. Alas, no help there either. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

-ed

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

you running NVIDIA? your specs would be helpful? if Nvidia turn the Antialiasing- Transparency feature from suppersampling to Multisampling.

-ed

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

OK, switched to multisampling-no dice. I'll try the 20 step process next and see if that helps. Thanks again.

-ed

Ok also try this in the same area set the power management to performance. not adaptive.

Ok, couldn't find the power management, but started the 20 step process, and something in the first few steps worked great. uninstalled everything, updated drivers, reinstalled game and patch 1.12b, and now she's running like a champ! Oh, it's so beautiful...

Thanks for your help, Mastiff, you're a saint.

Now I've gotta go bone up on my real plane for a recurrent check, but when I get done in a couple of days, I'm gonna try all those bitchin' mods.

Thanks again.

-ed

Ok, couldn't find the power management, but started the 20 step process, and something in the first few steps worked great. uninstalled everything, updated drivers, reinstalled game and patch 1.12b, and now she's running like a champ! Oh, it's so beautiful...

Thanks for your help, Mastiff, you're a saint.

Now I've gotta go bone up on my real plane for a recurrent check, but when I get done in a couple of days, I'm gonna try all those bitchin' mods.

Thanks again.

-ed

well when you get back it gona be FC2.0 lol! :thumbup: