FC2 can't start any mission. automatically jumps to "debriefing" page

fanqi1234

I've installed and activated the LockOn:FC 2

but when I try to launch any mission, the program will show the "loading...." page, show a picture with two planes, and then the "loading...." page, and then directly go to the "debriefing" page (which has the "FLY AGAIN" button, etc).

Firewall and anti-virus have been deactivated.

I tried the "Run As Administrator" compatibility option but nothing changed.

My system is Windows Vista Home Premium, fully updated

CPU: Turion64 TL-56

MEM: 2GB

Graphics: ATI Xpress 1150 with 256MB shared MEM

The machine can run DCS:Black Shark (although, very slow).

---------------------------

Cause:

If you have your own copy of LUA interpreter installed, you might have set system or user variables LUA_DIR and LUA_PATH. When LOFC2 tries to load its lua scripts, the "current directory" of the running LOFC program will be changed by these two variables. Therefore, it will try to load weapon configurations from directories like c:\lua\5.1 instead of c:\games\LOFC2. Of course, there has no such file.

Solution:

delete system or user variables LUA_DIR and LUA_PATH

attachment.php?attachmentid=37280&stc=1&d=1269686514

if problem remains:

uninstall your LUA from control panel.

__

Thanks to anyone replied this post.

DEL_LUA_VARs.jpg.9367eb162ca338be843733786738698c.jpg

Edited by fanqi1234
problem solved

The following is the content from FC2\Temp\Error.log

2010/3/27 02:16 V810271318

20100327 021625 ERROR SOUND: can't load proto file "Sounds/sdef/MenuSounds.sdef"

Failed to load weapons database: ./Config/Weapons/weapons_table.lua:13: module './Scripts/Database/wsTypes' not found:

no field package.preload['./Scripts/Database/wsTypes']

no file '\/Scripts/Database/wsTypes.lua'

no file 'C:\Lua\5.1\lua\\/Scripts/Database/wsTypes.luac'

no file './Config/Weapons/\/Scripts/Database/wsTypes.lua'

no file '.\lua-\/Scripts/Database/wsTypes.dll'

no file '.\\/Scripts/Database/wsTypes.dll'

no file 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\lua-\/Scripts/Database/wsTypes.dll'

no file 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\\/Scripts/Database/wsTypes.dll'

no file '.\lua-.dll'

no file '.\.dll'

no file 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\lua-.dll'

no file 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\.dll'

is this a lap top?

it looks as though you dont have enough ram, vista is a ram hog,

I've installed and activated the LockOn:FC 2

but when I try to launch any mission, the program will show the "loading...." page, show a picture with two planes, and then the "loading...." page, and then directly go to the "debriefing" page (which has the "FLY AGAIN" button, etc).

Firewall and anti-virus have been deactivated.

I tried the "Run As Administrator" compatibility option but nothing changed.

My system is Windows Vista Home Premium, fully updated

CPU: Turion64 TL-56

MEM: 2GB

Graphics: ATI Xpress 1150 with 256MB shared MEM

The machine can run DCS:Black Shark (although, very slow).

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

ah you put it in the C:\program files :chair: :chair: :chair:

do not install programs other than system files in the c:\programs files directory .

Uninstall and make a new folder in the C:\games\ and install it in there.

The following is the content from FC2\Temp\Error.log

2010/3/27 02:16 V810271318

20100327 021625 ERROR SOUND: can't load proto file "Sounds/sdef/MenuSounds.sdef"

Failed to load weapons database: ./Config/Weapons/weapons_table.lua:13: module './Scripts/Database/wsTypes' not found:

no file 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\lua-\/Scripts/Database/wsTypes.dll'

no file 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\\/Scripts/Database/wsTypes.dll'

no file '.\lua-.dll'

no file '.\.dll'

no file 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\lua-.dll'

no file 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\.dll'

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

What did you set the Run As Administrator compatibility setting on exactly, the icon to run the game?

If so, that may only being applied to the front-end menu / mission selector GUI (launcher.exe). It then will launch another process for playing the game itself (simulator.exe).

So you could locate that file (in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\simulator.exe), right-click Properties, and adjust its compatibility settings too.

Personally I'd prefer to take ownership/fullcontrol of the Eagle Dynamics folders and files though so it isn't ever necessary on either file (if that is even related to the problem you're getting): http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=860297&postcount=19

Check also that the ...\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\Scripts\Database\wsTypes.lua file actually exists. It should.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

I'm now re-installing the game to c:\games\LOFC2.

topdog:

I set them all (for launcher, simulater exe), but I think that should not even matter at all since this is years after 1.1b for vista.

I also own the whole folder and have full control ( i set that even before installation)

Game is re-installed, but the problem remains.

error.log:

2010/3/27 03:09 V810271318

20100327 030905 ERROR SOUND: can't load proto file "Sounds/sdef/MenuSounds.sdef"

no file 'c:\games\LOFC2\bin\x86\stable\lua-\/Scripts/Database/wsTypes.dll'

no file 'c:\games\LOFC2\bin\x86\stable\\/Scripts/Database/wsTypes.dll'

no file '.\lua-.dll'

no file '.\.dll'

no file 'c:\games\LOFC2\bin\x86\stable\lua-.dll'

no file 'c:\games\LOFC2\bin\x86\stable\.dll'

------END OF ERROR.LOG------

file C:\games\LOFC2\Scripts\Database\wsTypes.lua exists.

Now i'm attemting to remove the LUA engine I installed to c:\lua last year when I tried to learn it.