Uisng older ATI Radeon Catalyst drivers in BS

Ramstein

Anyone flying BS else still using older ATI Radeon Catalyst drivers? I have had to continue using old drivers because I also fly IL-2, and any newer drivers do not work for me in IL-2 (too many graphics bugs..), because ATI refused to upgrade their drivers with the proper code for IL-2 flight sim.

Then, they finally decided to help us and said they are working on the problem, in some upcoming ATI Catalyst version.

My problem, in Black Shark I get some computer reboots... and think they might be ATI driver related. (the minidump file isn't much help..).

Does anyone else use the ATI Radaeon catalyst from Catalyst 9.1 (these are about the last version I can use in IL-2), and if so, are you have any problems? I am really trying to hold off and hoping they fix the issue in a few weeks with the next ATI Radeon driver release.

You can see my computer specs below in my signature.

Thanx,,

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

For awhile, I used to use the 9.3 drivers, since that was the last Catalyst version which actually supported an older generation of cards (anything before the X2100 and the 9000-series). After that version, any game I had which used OpenGL would inevitably lock up at some point, including Il-2. My rather crude solution was to keep the 9.10 and 9.3 display driver install executables on my computer, and run the 9.3 installer whenever I played the OpenGL games. Memory rarely serves, but I can't remember any problems for me when Black Shark came out, and I think I was using the 8.11 drivers at the time. Odds are that I went straight from 8.11 to 9.3 and didn't have a problem. I realize that doesn't exactly answer your question, but I thought I'd share my experiences regarding OpenGL games, if in fact you're using Il-2 in that mode.