Game crashes

egaRim

Hello there,

I have trouble with regular game crashes in FC2 v1.2.1. They seem to have occured after Patch 1.2.1.

DxDiag is attached. My system runs other Sims (Rise of Flight, Sturmovik, Black Shark) just fine.

Unfortunately the game doesn't always crash completely so that there is not much information.

Recently I managed to get following crashlog:

# -------------- 20100616-193451 --------------
D:\Games\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\DXRenderer.dll
# C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0391081A 01:0001F81A
#
# EAX = 00000000
# EBX = 00000064
# ECX = 00000000
# EDX = 0BC60000
# ESI = 0C817898
# EDI = 00000064
# CS:EIP = 001B:0391081A
# SS:ESP = 0023:0012F6F4  EBP = 3D44E4C8
# DS = 0023  ES = 0023  FS = 003B  GS = 0000
# Flags = 00210246
0391081A 3D44E4C8 0001:0001F81A D:\Games\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\DXRenderer.dll ?Update@DXClipTexture@Graphics@@AAEXXZ()+3A
0391081A 3D44E4C8 0001:0001F81A D:\Games\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\DXRenderer.dll ?Update@DXClipTexture@Graphics@@AAEXXZ()+3A
BD0D39C0 3F7E8E90 0000:00000000 

Error.log is attached too.

Description of that "test case":

1. Hosted attached MP mission for around 10 minutes.

2. Restart of the mission and takeoff. After around 5 minutes into the mission I got transparent cockpit (see attached screenshot) but could continue flying. After flying through clouds in external view I got back my cockpit graphics.

3. I dumped flares (some every 10 seconds) in external view.

4. After around 5 minutes my game crashed right when I released another flare in external F3 view.

I also get a regular "hang up". Same Mission about 20 minutes between waypoint 2 and 3. The view seems to snap towards the sky (blue or clouds). No Cockpit nor any other objects can be seen. I can't move the view with TIR or mouse. Sound of the mission continues. I can hear my engines when moving throttle, flare sounds even fly by sounds when I hit F3. But the view always keeps locked to the sky. I have to end the process in windows to get my system back under my control. Thus no crash logs in that second situation.

Hope you can help / fix if it's a bug.

Error.zip

ScreenShot_000.thumb.jpg.fe3f7807d1d5da37980863db63c2eb5a.jpg

DxDiag.txt

MP CWW-06-1.zip

Are you using two drivers? If so Make sure to install TRACK IR on same driver as Black Shark and Lock ON.

If you are using win7. Make sure that you change settings in virtual memory. Here is a link where Mustang is explaining how to do it http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53874&highlight=runtime+error&page=10. I have my virtual memory set to 5120,5120.

Hope this solves your problem as it did for me.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Please ensure that you have Catalyst AI disabled.

The most likely cause for a BCCode5 is either faulty hardware or faulty driver - it basically means that the process tried to access a memory location that is either broken or that the OS doesn't think it should have access to.

You could use an application like DriverSweeper or CCleaner to help ensure that you do not have driver fragments and suchlike. I'll try to take a deeper dive into your DxDiag later, but work and other commitments have given me a bit of a surprise this weekend. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thanks for your reply.

I will check Catalyst AI but I think it was disabled.

Faulty Hardware would show up in other Applications/Sims, wouldn't it? I don't have any other stability issues outside FC2.0

I already cleaned my ATI-Drivers with a tool and cleanly installed the latest drivers. I also reinstalled the game. No joy.

@Teknetinium

Only one hard drive with serveral partitions. TIR-Driver and game on the same partition.

I've Win XP.

I don't seem to have a memory leak issue. Process Manager shows a constant memory consumption around 900 MB. I've read Mustangs posts in the long error-thread.

Hardware faults might show up in a specific application in some situations in spite of being general - we did have one user that experienced what appeared to be DCS:BS patch 1.0.2 breaking the game, but it turned out to be bad sectors on the hard drive. I just want to try eliminating that as a cause since a C5 would typically point in the hardware and/or driver direction. (When it happens to me, which is relatively often since I like to push my hardware through as much overclocking as I can my first recourse is to revert the relevant components to stock and then re-seat memory modules and graphics card and such.)

I am seeing a sound interface warning on your DxDiag, which is weird - that shouldn't cause a C5 in the DxRenderer. Something to look at for general system health though.

On memory leaks, I really do not like the Process Manager. It's default settings do not give a good overview of memory usage since there's several types of memory use (private working set, commit charge and so on). I would recommend an application called "Adress Space Monitor", though that one does not get access to the vRAM which would be my primary suspect as far as memory goes due to the faulting module.

Reinstalling not helping is also a bit weird, since the secondary suspect would possibly be the HDD. CHKDSK can eliminate that, but I'm not sure I want to throw too much suspicions there based purely on a C5.

Do you have any mods at all? Reinstall should obviously eliminate that, usually, but just to doublecheck that to help me get a "picture".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

No Mods. I completely deleted the old folder of FC2.0 before reinstalling.

How could I test for hardware defect? Would I look for RAM oder Video Memory?

chkdsk didn't find defect sectors on my harddrive.

No overclocking on my system either. It's plain stock.

• 2 weeks later...

A short update:

I repeated the mission that crashed but turned off the cloud overcast. Instead there were just scattered clouds.

I could fly the whole mission without any crashes.

Strange...

Ahah, great thanks. There is what appears to be a memory leak issue somewhere but it's been hard to replicate in previous reports, but I do recall an other user finding memory running out when having overcast.

This could be either a driver issue or something indeed leaking and having your information increases the information available to try figuring it out. Thanks for your help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester