Strange white lines

tonym

When BS is on the ground on a runway a strange narrow white line appears on the ground in front of the aircraft. It also appears in FC2. This is only in cockpit view. Any ideas as to what might cause this.

• 2 weeks later...

there is a fix, I verified it by doing it myself. You have to edit a clipping distance or something in a .lua file. Very simple.

Do a search and you may find it. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll try to recount what file and line to edit.

edit: I also fixed the exact same issue in FC2 since it uses the same engine as BS, but the files are located in different folders, IIRC...

I know there is a fix for this. A while back somebody wrote up a DCS optimization/performance guide that defined many of the variables within the .lua files. One of these was a minimum rendering distance, and by lowering this you eliminated this issue.

yea, the clipping fix isnt a fix per'se, its more of a trade off, tbh, for the miniscule amount of time you are on the deck, it really isnt worth doing anything about, now if it affected us whilst in the air, thats a different story, but for taxing, takeoff and landing, its barely noticeable.

When I think of something thats called a "Fix" I think of something that is completely fixed and it doesnt mess up or cause any problems elsewhere in the game which unfortunately the clipping "fix" does.

Hm, I didn't notice any adverse side effects. What exactly should I look for?

I don't want to go off topic but the one graphic phenomena I'd love to "fix" but haven't found a solution for yet, is the vertical lines that appear on distant landscape while on the ground or at low altitudes. I can't remember if this is in BS, FC2, or both... Methinks both.

Hm, I didn't notice any adverse side effects. What exactly should I look for?

As I said, distant clouds are badly clipped. Basically, instead of smoothly fading into view, they pop in harshly.

I don't want to go off topic but the one graphic phenomena I'd love to "fix" but haven't found a solution for yet, is the vertical lines that appear on distant landscape while on the ground or at low altitudes. I can't remember if this is in BS, FC2, or both... Methinks both.

Search for "NoCloudShadows" mod. It fixes the issue for both FC2 and BS, at the expense of removing cloud shadows (duh :)).

Edited by slug88