Lock On Platinum question

So I must admit I have been waiting about 6 years (?) to play this game. At first my system wasn't good enough then a few years went by and I saw FC but read about some of the issues with installation and performance. So, about every 3-6 months I would check back to see where things were. I just happened to see that Lock On Platinum was planned and ordered it last week. I went to install it today and had a few questions. I know these are very basic but I appreciate any help :)

I had assumed Platinum would be a kind of compilation installation but it came as 2 discs - Lock On MAC and FC2. So I installed LOMAC first and FC2 second. I noticed it did not install in the same directory. Is this a problem?

Is there a reason to run LOMAC or should I just run FC2? I guess I assumed FC2 was like a super version of LOMAC and that all the missions etc in LOMAC would be in FC2 but not sure that is correct. If I run LOMAC I would assume I am "giving up" all the improvements to the game engine, scripting etc in FC2 so hence my question about ever running LOMAC.

Thanks for any guidance - I have been waiting a long time to play this :)

Welcome to the forums DrFugue13

LOMAC and FC2 are separate products, but LOMAC must be installed in order for FC2 to be installed. After installation of both, you may delete LOMAC, but you would need to reinstall LOMAC if you need to reinstall FC2.

LOMAC offers very little that FC2 does not already have. IMO no need to sim in LOMAC instead of FC2.

Welcome to the forums DrFugue13

LOMAC and FC2 are separate products, but LOMAC must be installed in order for FC2 to be installed. After installation of both, you may delete LOMAC, but you would need to reinstall LOMAC if you need to reinstall FC2.

LOMAC offers very little that FC2 does not already have. IMO no need to sim in LOMAC instead of FC2.

Well that's how I see it too, but aren't the missions and campaigns in both completely different, since FC2 models Georgia, and replaced the LOMAC campaign area altogether?