changing the enigne sound.

2 things to try, First is to add these lines to the Autoexec.cfg in the config folder

sound.cockpit_world_volume = 1.5

sound.cockpit_world_lowpass = 5000

(Higher Number for the Lowpass = Higher sound pitch in Hertz in cockpit)

And/or edit the sounds files directly, but do the above first

Go to

X:\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\Sounds\Effects

and listen to Su27AroundEngine.ogg If that sounds like the sound you want, use a wave editor to add/merge it to the relevant engine sound in the same folder. The relevant engine sounds to modify are "[Aircraft Name]BackEngine.ogg" IIRC

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--
  • Like 1

thanks for the reply! ill give it a try

might have been a missunderstanding.

Ill try to explain more carefully, here goes.

When you change the trottle input in the cockpit, you can hear the engine increase in RPM's, is there a way to increase that sound? (inside cockpit) thanks ;)

Edited by Kevlon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That didn't make any sense. :smilewink: I think you mean you want higher volume. There's a few ways to do that, none of which are simple. I like to hear the engines spooling up and down as well. For that I replaced the "cockpitsystems.ogg" file in the Sounds/Effects folder with one that has more of a "whine." (Actually a composite built from Hornet cockpit sounds.)

You can also edit the corresponding .sdef file in the Sounds/sdef folder to increase the volume, but it's easier for most people to just change the sound effect and boost the volume that way.

Best of luck! If you have further questions, it's probably time for another Norwegian from somewhere around here to step in and help! :)

• Like 1

Ok, I think I get it. you want to increase the Volume of Higher end sounds in Cockpit. This is not easy because unlike Black shark there are no in cockpit engine sounds, separate to the external sounds. However I think I may have a way to do this.......

Try adding

sound.cockpit_world_lowpass = 40000

to the Autoexec.cfg in the config folder.

Next you will have to edit the SDEF files (X:\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\Sounds\sdef) for each aircraft. Specifically "[Aircraft Name]BackEngine.ogg"

For example, open A10Backengine.sdef and add the line Gain = 15.0 (change this number to suit you).

The only drawback is that external sounds filtering in to the cockpit will no longer be Lowpass filtered. It's up to you whether this is a problem.

Nate

That didn't make any sense. :smilewink: I think you mean you want higher volume. There's a few ways to do that, none of which are simple. I like to hear the engines spooling up and down as well. For that I replaced the "cockpitsystems.ogg" file in the Sounds/Effects folder with one that has more of a "whine." (Actually a composite built from Hornet cockpit sounds.)

You can also edit the corresponding .sdef file in the Sounds/sdef folder to increase the volume, but it's easier for most people to just change the sound effect and boost the volume that way.

Best of luck! If you have further questions, it's probably time for another Norwegian from somewhere around here to step in and help! :)

Is it possibole that i can borrow that sound file from you? to have something to go by, maybe even use?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sound.cockpit_world_lowpass = 5000

(Higher Number for the Lowpass = Higher sound pitch in Hertz in cockpit)

Hmm definitely interesting. Could you guesstimate ballpark figures for the lowpass parameter if I wanted to try slightly lower, more base heavy sound in cockpit?

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

Try anything below 1000hz, experiment a bit. Also note that you may have to bump up the volume setting too, to hear that bass.

Edit:- Also note that the "sound.cockpit_world_lowpass =" setting is a low-pass filter. You are not equalising the sound, you are discarding entirely the upper ranges of the sound file above the Hz number you provide.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--