FC2 Su-25 Route mission

hsth

Hi,

I've been flying the Su-25 Route mission from FC2 and have a number of questions.

1. Is it possible to add messages/voices in the editor like in this mission?

2. Why does the mission not count for 100% complete if there is no diversion to one of the two other airports?

3. Why is it not possible to select the number two of the destination airports in the RETURN mode? The navigation panel always shows 1A€P & 2A€P (sorry, you know what I mean) together, I can only select 3A€P by itself. According to the manual you should be able to store 4 airports.

4. If you go through the diiferent airports on the navigation panel, once you select 3A€P the navigation panel sticks to that. I cannot switch then anymore between airports.

5. The briefing says to fly 700 kph. But I cannot fly faster then 500 kph because the plane will shake itself to destruction at that altitude.:)

Any help would be great to get it all working as it should.(?)

I've been flying the Su-25 Route mission from FC2 and have a number of questions.

1. Is it possible to add messages/voices in the editor like in this mission?

Yes, you use triggers to a) display a text message and b) play an audio file. It's up to you to record the dialog; a good free utility is Audacity, and the audio files can be in either .wav or .ogg (better - smaller size) format, both of which Audacity can save to.

2. Why does the mission not count for 100% complete if there is no diversion to one of the two other airports?
Mission scoring is arbitrary and up to the mission designer. If you open the mission in the editor you can click on the mission goals button and see how it assigns scores. The GUI manual (available from a shortcut in the start menu) covers this in a reasonable amount of detail.

3. Why is it not possible to select the number two of the destination airports in the RETURN mode? The navigation panel always shows 1A€P & 2A€P (sorry, you know what I mean) together, I can only select 3A€P by itself. According to the manual you should be able to store 4 airports.

4. If you go through the different airports on the navigation panel, once you select 3A€P the navigation panel sticks to that. I cannot switch then anymore between airports.

5. The briefing says to fly 700 kph. But I cannot fly faster then 500 kph because the plane will shake itself to destruction at that altitude.:)

These I can't help with as I don't fly the Su-25. But maybe the speed thing is a test to see if you'll obey ridiculous instructions without question. :D

(500 kph sounds pretty slow for the Su-25 at any altitude, though.)

Hi,

Thank you for your comments. I think that a hard copy of the GUI manual like the Flight manual would be very helpful. It would make it a lot easier to have it on the desk while working in the editor. At least it would for me as I'm not so well trained in this :huh: (like my flying..).

One question about these zones: the radius is a flat circle? It is not a hemisphere? Because in the mission it has a trigger in a particular zone to send the pilot off to another airport. How many meters above or below would that trigger work?

Ah well, I'll be off into the editor to try it out. If I can find it out I'll report it here.