Sound inside cockpit is missing

Glaudrung

Good evening,

After been away from the sim for quite some time, I finally decided to give it another go.

I installed the basic version, activated it, patched it to version 1.01c, and applied then the latest 1.02 patch.

All works except for the sound inside the cockpit.

I have looked around in the FAQ's, found there a link to FC2 and the sound settings but nothing helkps.

Music is ok, Sound is ok when using the interfaces but no sound.

I have also found that the keyboard shortcut for sound (LCTL + S) does nothing. (Isn't it supposed to disable the sound/music in the game)

I am at a loss here

thanks

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

I had to dig a bit around, I think there was some related reports in FC2.

Anyway, there's a FC2 (same engine as DCS 102) here: FC2 sound FAQ

Now, as for DCS, it's safer to patch from 1.0.0 -> 1.0.2 and not using 1.0.1 at all.

See post#2 for some patching tips: TROUBLESHOOTING - Help us help you.

You can try to reapply DirectX9 again - to see if it fixes your issue.

You could try to download new soundrivers from your Mainboard-Vendor, or PC-vendor.

On top of that, you could reinstall DCS again, clean, no mods - to a new directory in the root of ex. C: or D:

DCS 1.0.0 and patch it to 1.0.2. No need to start it in 1.0.0 - just patch directly after install.

Otherwise, see post #1 in the troubleshooter on how to post a DXDIAG report.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Well, I would love to reinstall but I am mighty afraid to go that way.

In the past, the re-install path has cost me 4 or 5 'installs' so now I am down to 4 and I am not sure I want to risk loosing another one or two.

Whatever there is written about the reinstall procedure. It is certainly not clear to me (but of course my english is not my first language).

I wonder about the DirectX9 suggestion.

Last week I installed the latest videodriver for my Nvidia GTX480 so I dare to assume that nothing is wrong with that. DxDIAG gave me no errors or problems.

I am at a loss here.

(time to throw in the towel again... this one has caused me nothing but trouble and I assume it's my doing but I can't figure out what)

Thanks for the replies

Well, if you dont try to do any changes - no changes will happen, and you will not figure out what contributed to your problem in the first place.

So reinstall DX9.

Reinstall DCS - it shouldn't cost you new activations on the same PC, same hardware, same OS, same PC-name, same Network Adapter. If you change one of those it may cost you an activation.

However, if you check the activation forum - you would see that if your run out, you should get more activations pretty quickly. But you need to run out first.

If you have things you want to ask regarding upgrading 1.0.0 -> 1.0.2 do so, and we'll try to answer you more clearly. :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Once you install DCS:BS and activate it you can uninstall and re-install as many times as you want with out using any more activations. I would try to do a fresh install and patch to 1.0.2 I just recently did this myself and didnt have to use any extra activations.