Low FPS Missions!

Greb

I was just thinking about some you folks having FPS probs.

Make sure you are not running high end Missions with higher water or weather settings. You got to remember that it is a Beta and all the kinks aren't workout yet. I have flown it a lot and here are my observations for getting a favorable experience in the Sim.

Try to stay away from the Campaigns and the Mission Generator. The Mission Gen tosses you 10 aircraft and 50 ground units. Nothing is gonna run smooth in that mission at this time of development.

Find yourself a flat ground area, low rural. Keep the weather settings mild or clear and keep the sun high in order to keep your shadow down. Try and keep your vehicle count down to 20 or 30, even less is better. Take wingy and go make boom-boom! It has given me great results. Try and use the Airfields off the water and place your enemy units on roads moving 20 to 50 K's and stagger them. Put 2 miles between groups. It will keep distance loading to a minimal and give you turn around time. Also try and take out your first target at a high altitude or at a great distance. This will load fire and explosion and it will keep the stutter down on later Gun runs and what not.

Try it! I think you will enjoy the sim much more .....IMHO! :)

The Mission Generator can be set to produce however many units you like. I like to set one with just some medium enemy and friendly forces and do a CAS. It's quite replayable and performance is good this way.

r.

Yeah you nailed ryuzu! It does do that. I have some favorite places on the map usually just off the water. I normally load enough weapons for the Targets I set up for myself and a wingy and you got to force him to use his weapons!

The Mission Generator can be set to produce however many units you like. I like to set one with just some medium enemy and friendly forces and do a CAS. It's quite replayable and performance is good this way.

r.

I have been wanting to do this for a while now. I want to set up a scenario of like a USA platoon coming under fire from some insurgents on a hill, then have them use JTAC to bring me in.

How do I add JTAC functionality to the US troops I put on the ground, so that I can make this possible.

Well, I'm far from an expert in anything Mission Related so see if someone else has better info.

However, I think the Mission Generator isn't going to be able to produce a specific scenario like that - however, it does seem to include JTACs automatically but in this new version I'm still trying to figure out how to find the JTAC frequency and get in touch, so I generally just hunt for targets around the steerpoint.

I'm entirely guessing now, but I think you can take the generated mission and edit it. Assuming that works I guess you can use the mission generator to get the unit mix on the map and customise from there.

Good Luck!

r.