Problem with Warthog HOTAS axis

markturner

Hi, I have been making my own profile using the TARGET software for my warthog, instead of using the in game controls mapping, so I can print out my profile map for reference while learning the various button positions etc. ( Using just the in game assingment method, I cant do this)

However, I did not program any of the axis with the target software. When i run the script, in game I find that the throttle appears to control the rudder ( as well as my rudder pedals )

I have checked in the controls GUI and they are mapped correctly there, running the TARGET script seems to overide what is in the game GUI settings.

My problem is, I cant seem to see how to correctly map the axis within the TARGET software, to remedy this. There does not seem to be a quick and easy way to assign functions to each axis, like there is in the game GUI.

Another wierd thing, controls wise. If I try and use the in game GUI to assign the SHKVAL slewing function, it wont let me use any of the hat switches on the warthog joystick, only the ones on the throttle. Why is that?

Can anyone give me a few pointers?

Cheers, Mark

Edited by markturner

i7 950 4.2ghz, 6GB Corsair 1600 hz, GTX580, Asus Sabertooth, Win 7 64 bit. 260.99 drivers

I bet you that the axes are not setup correctly. DCS will assign standard axes to every controller so you have to remove those from both the stick and the throttle tab. (or virtual controller if you use target) You see, target doesnt map axes, you have to do that yourself in the in-game GUI so your problem of not finding it in target is completely understandable. You NEED to setup EVERY axis in DCS GUI. The rudder problem you get because DCS maps rudder to one of the throttle axes by default.

I don't know which slew you try to map but on the stick it has no hats which are an axis, the throttle has 5 axis, so if you try to map slew axis to a normal hat, that wont work. Why don't you try the stock profile that comes with target? I tried it yesterday and it works pretty nice. The print option doesnt work yet btw whether you create a custom profile or use a stock one. I think the best option for mapping the shkval slew to are the microsticks. You have to give them a lot of curve and reduce y axis saturation or it will be uncontrollable. If you set it like in the stock profile it gives accurate control.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

I'm a moron, this is for the KA-50. Someone had a profile I'll find it. :)

Can't find the thread at the moment, but here's the scripts someone shared with me for using the TM WH with BlackShark:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8a68onspuhdyyb0

Edited by kylania

That was me ;)

I've updated all my Warthog Scripts (including DCS:A10C) to this post : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1031261#post1031261

To answer the OP, you have to double check your axis settings in DCS, be carefull that when running TARGET, your Warthog is named "Thrustmaster combined" in any game you launch.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

131st VFS 'Death Vipers' - Sitar