Problem saving controls profile & using Target software

markturner

Just about got my Warthog HOTAS programmed now, I spent most of last night carefully mapping the commands to the in game GUI, as I have found that if I use the TARGET software, the axis assignments are wrong (throttle works the rudders as well as the rudder pedals) and I cant figure out how to correct them - (any advice on this gratefully received as well). By the way, this is the case even if I use the profile for BlackShark that ships with the TARGET software - its wierd, I move the throttle forward or back, the Shark moves on its axis as if I had inputted a small or medium amount of rudder) So I figured, OK, plan B, use the in game controls option to program it all. Off i went last night and did so.....

I saved my profile of programmed buttons etc in the game GUI, yet now when I fly, I find that only some of the buttons are programmed, and not as I did it. Furthermore, loading my saved profile does not change this.

Can anyone say what has gone wrong? The thought of spending another 2 hours programming it all fills me with despair.....:cry::cry:

My ideal scenario is to use TARGET to program the controls, so will need to solve the problem of the wrongly assigned axis.

Of course anyone who has a warthog and who has a working profile for buttons and axis, I would be grateful to share with you.

Edit: Ok, a restart has let me assign the axis properly, so I am using TARGET succesfully now. I would still be curious as to why my saved in game controls profile had not saved though...

Thank you, Mark

Edited by markturner

i7 950 4.2ghz, 6GB Corsair 1600 hz, GTX580, Asus Sabertooth, Win 7 64 bit. 260.99 drivers