No IFF in STT in the Eagle

169th_DedCat

Any chance of this being addressed in the upcoming patch for 1.1? Having to rely on NCTR alone in STT makes using the AACQ modes in the Eagle a real pain in any mission where the same aircraft are on both sides.

From what I understand from my past sim experience, the PDT or STT contact should "mipple" or flash between a star and a circle on the radar when you have a friendly locked. I'm sure there should be some indication of a friendly IFF squak displayed on the HUD too. We have STT IFF in all the Russian birds, but not the Eagle.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

169th Panthers - http://www.169thpanthers.net

Good that you bring it up; it's been brought up a number of times, and we got (IIRC) a fairly reliable source telling us that the EID cue is a box inside the target box on the HUD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Just a bump to this thread because I was going to post about the same question. ¿Is there any IFF indication in the F-15 when using AACQ modes?

Yesterday night I was playing on a server (can't remember which one...) where vulching was allowed (np with that...), and our (Blue) airbase was under constant attack. Hostile fighters around the airbase launched missiles to me even before I could retract my gear, so if I was lucky enough to dodge them I (and the others too) had the time only to activate VS/Bore modes and lock the first A/C around and launch a missile back, without being sure if it was friendly or not.

Obviously I downed some friendlies and some friendlies downed me ;). In understand that this is normal in such a WildWest situation (Pilotasso dixit, IIRC), but this sure hadn't been happened (at least for my part) if I had been riding a RF fighter.

Or maybe I've missed something for the F-15...?

Best regards,

Asterix

My current IFF stance is:

It is better to beg for forgiveness, than plead for permission.

I have had a good record of not shooting down friendlies. But only because I havent had many furballs where I didnt know who was who. Most of the time when with a wingman I keep an eye on him, and so I dont lock him.