why so few mod for BS?

Yuya6104

Though I like reality, this is still somewhat of an experimental copter and I wouldn't mind seeing some Igla mounts, FLIR, RWR, R73, ECM, and chaff mods. Just for fun and experiment. The copter probably will have some of these in future versions.

Edited by Henchman14

Though I like reality, this is still somewhat of an experimental copter and I wouldn't mind seeing some Igla mounts, FLIR, RWR, R73, ECM, and chaff mods. Just for fun and experiment. The copter probably will have some these in future versions.

er...................no it won't.

The KA-50 is an 80's Combat attack Helicopter. The first and only one (AFAIK) that was a single seater. 4 eyes are better than two. FLIR is better than TV Optic. ECM is better than no ECM. Mixed CM ports are better than none.

Hence the KA-52.

You will not see any of that which you seek, not in this lifetime.

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Ka-50N and Ka-50Sh

From the time the Ka-50 was ordered in 1987 it was known that the limited night-time capability of the original Ka-50 version would have to be upgraded to meet night attack requirements. Some Ka-50s were fitted with low-light TV and infrared sensors for testing. Kamov drafted a design in 1993 that included the Shkval-N sighting system that included an infrared sensor. They were named Ka-50N ("Nochnoy/Night") and Ka-50Sh ("Shar/Sphere"—because of the spherical FLIR turret). Many variants were tried; on some the original "Shkval" was supplemented by a thermal imaging system, while on others—completely replaced by "Samshite" day-and-night system (also used on Ka-52), including French SAGEM or Thomson thermal imagers. None of those have entered full production.

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Kamov_Ka-50

The Ka-50 has appeared in only a few variants and mostly developmental types that tried to shore up limitations in the original design. The V-80 represented the originals prototype designation and was followed by two V-80Sh-1 "Shturmovik-1" pre-production models. A night capable Ka-50 appeared in the form of the Ka-50N and Ka-50Sh types.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/ka-50.htm

Ka-50N (Nochnoy: Nocturnal): Also reported as Ka-50Sh. Night-capable attack version; essentially a single-seat Ka-52. Programme began 1993; originally based on TpSPO-V and Merkury LLLTV systems, which tested on Ka-50 development aircraft. Ka-50N first reported April 1997 as conversion of prototype 018 with Thomson-CSF Victor FLIR turret above the nose and Arbalet (crossbow) mast-mounted radar, plus second TV screen in cockpit; FLIR integrated with Uralskyi Optiko- Mekhanicheskyi Zavod (UOMZ) Samshit-50 (Laurel-50) electro-optic sighting system, incorporating French IR set. First flight variously reported as 4 March or 5 May 1997; programmed improvements included replacement of PA-4-3 paper moving map with digital equivalent; by August 1997, FLIR turret was repositioned below nose and Arbalet was removed; by mid-1998, had IT-23 CRT display replaced by TV-109, and HUD removed and replaced by Marconi helmet display. Proposed new cockpit shown in September 1998, having two Russkaya Avionika 203 x 152mm LCDs and central CRT for sensor imagery. Indigenous avionics intended for any local production orders; French systems as interim solution and standard for export. Republic of Korea Army evaluated both the Ka-50N and the baseline Ka-50. In 1999, pre-production aircraft 014 was exhibited with a UOMZ GOES sensor turret in place of Shkval.

http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/ka-50.php

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would be nice if ED could update the Ka50 to Ka52. Not sure if AI could perform the RIO duties or not though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Has anyone seen a Ka-50N in service? No?

Anyone here have the keys to a contract for the top-secret Ka-52? No? ...

Ok. Thread closed :D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda