Using mousewheel for zoom

Jorgensen

Hi

I know its possible to use the mousewheel to zoom inside the cockpit, if alt+c is pressed, but I find it a bit disturbing that I have to press Keys to zoom. Can't the bee used to zoom by default ?

I use trackir and the possibility to zoom via the mousewheel would be great. If have tried to assing some joystickburtons, but they zoom all in or all out :-(

For joystick buttons you want to assign the "Zoom in slow" and "Zoom out slow" functions. Personally I just have 'zoom in slow' and 'reset zoom' configured. Not sure about the mousewheel. I think I've heard of people using it, but it's also used to interact with various cockpit elements e.g. the ILS knobs.

for what it's worth, Jorg, I'm with you. It would be great to use the mousewheel for zoom.

I have zoom fast to one button and then zoom out to the other. and then Alt-C to another... --I'm too poor for track IR. ^^

~Moosh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 | Intel Core 2 Quad | Q8400 @ 2.66GHz | 2.67 GHz 3.37GB of RAM 60gig Samsung SSD| GTX 570

"Operation: Bull by the Horns" "Bull Run 2.0"

You know, I remember in DCS Black Shark in some special cases, that you could use the mouse for both zoom and panning, AND clicking. you would pan a bit, and the mouse would move to the left or right of the screen, and I really liked that. Shame they can't implement it in DCS A-10C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]