New HDD Blues

So, I got my two new HDD's installed, and powered on the one, a 320 GB drive. My BIOS would at first not recognize my boot device, but I had forgot to set boot priority to my old drive in BIOS, so I guess that one was my fault.

Now however, after having successfully booted up(at first my new 320 Gb was making a god awful noise, but after widows finally started, it shut up), I went into my disk management panel and it popped up with a box asking me what mode it wanted the drive to run in, master boot record, or something else, can't remember. As all my previous drives are MBR, I selected that option and hit okay.

Now it's probably something really, really stupid, but my new drive doesn't show up in the main window on the disk management panel where my main drive and optical do. That being said, I have no idea how to format it from here.

EDIT: Durr durr durr... I kept clicking on the disk x part of it instead of the unallocated space part. It is all working as intended now.

Super Edit: I am kind of angry at the fact that the 3.5" drive bay mount for my Vertex 3 uses laptop mount screws instead of the normal 6x32 thread ones. Since it is a solid state, do I really even need to mount it with screws? it's not like it is going to vibrate around or anything... and as for falling out, I could always just tape it down...

Super Super Edit: At first I thought it might have been my GPU can making all that noise since I was being dumb and forgot to check fan-cable clearances before I turned my computer on, but the sensor in the fan says it's running at ~1500 RPM idle(PHEW!)

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I don't quite know what kind of a reply you want, but I'll say one thing about your Super Edit: If you're worried about that, you REALLY should see the arrangements I've used in the past! :D

Laying a HDD in a vacated 5,25" bay, standing on the bottom of the chassi because I'm too lazy to fight the RAM-modules... If your chassi is standing at all steady, I speak from experience when I say that harddrives don't move around much, even under load.