No Radio except Ground Crew ??!!

Guest Izoul123

Guest Izoul123

Ok, when I got this game I had the 1.1.0.1 version which is what I spent a lot of time on before I came back to the sim. I could get ATC to work just fine with the other .1 version. Now the only communications I can get are just the ground crew only in version 1.1.0.9.

My track is included for review. Apologize any jerky camera angels as I had about a 12 pack of Guinness in me when I made it (w/Track IR5). lol

I have Easy Comms and the Radio Assist on as well in Simulation mode.

Apologize for any start-up errors, I'm still learning this sim. Obviously I'm just starting the jet anyway and running renegade at this point but it's no fun without the radios working in this sim. cry.gif

My MAIN problem is getting the radios to work again. I tried to get some pan in shots to see the settings.

I can redo again if that track is no good.

I'm sure it's some simple thing I'm missing...I've been reading the manual over and over. I wish the start-up training mission would include transmitting on the comms as well...

So if anyone has time it would greatly be appreciated to help! Thanks! Going to load the training mission again....but from what I remember last night it wasn't working when I tested it in the start-up training mission either....

no atc or radio comms.trk

Edited by Izoul123

Guest Izoul123
What was the problem exactly? Your ATC responded perfectly to everything except when you asked permission for takeoff from the ramp...

And I agree, Guinness and flying is fun :D

?? ATC is replying for you on my track? It's not on my end. I just watched it again. I only hear and get the text for myself. I can't hear/see any text from ATC/JTAC/Wingman. Only Ground Crew....very odd.....

Izoul, did you install the 1.1.0.9 full install or did you patch your 1.1.0.1?

I suggest you do the full 1.1.0.9 full install, but first backup or rename, your C:/users/your name/saved games/DCS A-10 Warthog folder. then delete it. then do the 1.1.0.9 full install and set up your controllers and settings again.

Guest Izoul123
Izoul, did you install the 1.1.0.9 full install or did you patch your 1.1.0.1?

I suggest you do the full 1.1.0.9 full install, but first backup or rename, your C:/users/your name/saved games/DCS A-10 Warthog folder. then delete it. then do the 1.1.0.9 full install and set up your controllers and settings again.

I downloaded the full 1.1.09 install version. The patches won't work on version 1.1.01 anyway, I tried. So I did a full install over the top of 1.1.0.1's original install directory as I didn't want to lose my controls settings that took way to long to set up and was told this would work.

Only thing I can think of at this point is to wipe from HD and start over, should not have to though....

What is the file to backup for my control settings and pilot log?

Also, did you play the track as well Warriorx to confirm? Thank you.

Well I was watching that and you didn't get any replies from atc when I was watching. I can't tell why, your radio was powered on and you were using simple radio so it should work. I'm guessing you don't have to use the correct radio with the simple radio? I don't know since I don't use it.

I downloaded the full 1.1.09 install version. The patches won't work on version 1.1.01 anyway, I tried. So I did a full install over the top of 1.1.0.1's original install directory as I didn't want to lose my controls settings that took way to long to set up and was told this would work.

Only thing I can think of at this point is to wipe from HD and start over, should not have to though....

What is the file to backup for my control settings and pilot log?

Also, did you play the track as well Warriorx to confirm? Thank you.

Sorry I'm not near my rig, but I would strongly advise you to start clean. I know you hate to loose your control settings, but I think there is too much changes between 1.1.0.1 and 1.1.0.9 to keep your existing profile. I may be totally wrong, so try it without, then if it fails, then backup or rename your previously referenced folder and try it clean.

The folder I referred to in my previous post contains your control settings divided by controller type. It also has the pilot log in another folder who's name escapes me.