Crash Landing

Viper

hi,

A friend of mine told me you can crash land on 1.1 with all aircraft like in a field and stuff. I just got it today and only the 25T works with those emergency landings and all the others just sink into ground and blow up like on the default lock on, plz help.

thanks

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
hi,

A friend of mine told me you can crash land on 1.1 with all aircraft like in a field and stuff. I just got it today and only the 25T works with those emergency landings and all the others just sink into ground and blow up like on the default lock on, plz help.

thanks

that is correct, and your next question is ?

hi,

thanks

Very simple - your friend was wrong.

Only the advanced physics model allows you to land anywhere on the map, and it's only present on the Su25 and Su25T.

It was too difficult to retrofit the advanced physics model to the other aircraft within the timeframe allotted to development for v1.1 - although we may see the advanced physics model fitted to other aircraft in the "Next Project", to follow after Lomac v1.2.

Even then - an aircraft with underslung air intakes is not going to respond well to being landed on a soft surface. They ARE going to dig in, they ARE going to do serious damage, and the chances are high that you WILL explode as a result. Belly-land an Su25, an Su25T, or an A10 . . . . fine. Fast jets like the F15, Su27, MiG29 . . . . . no. Should not be landable on soft ground, even with advanced physics.

The RL decision would be eject unless you have a runway.

but will the a-10 belly land on a field

In reality, yes.

In Lomac, not yet . . . . see above description about advanced physics models.

You can still bellyland all the other aircraft on a road, though - you just have to make sure your descent rate is slow enough. Even if you skid off the road immediately, you'll be OK . . . . so it doesn't always matter if you're not perfectly lined up with it.

In Flanker 2.5 (a previous flight sim from the same company) I once bellylanded an Su27 in the middle of a dogfight, completely by accident :p

Got too low at the bottom of a split-S, there was a thump as I was pulling out, and I went skidding across the map . . . . pure fluke, but great fun.

...although we may see the advanced physics model fitted to other aircraft in the "Next Project", to follow after Lomac v1.2.

Advanced Physics Model for all!!!

YES YES YES

WE NEED IT

DEFINITELY!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :: Saitek Rudder :: Track IR5 ::

EVGA 3 GB GTX580 :: AMD FX-8120 :: SSD 240 GB :: Win7 Ultimate 64

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...