New Pilot

Hello,

I'm new to LOMAC and FC and have a few questions regarding my recently puchased Gold Edition, thx in advance for any help offered.

I have as yet to play, because of the dreaded disc 2 Starforce error (anxiously awaiting replacement disc) but was wondering about the fixes in the download section of the Flaming Cliffs website.

Lock On v.1.1: Flaming Cliffs Activation Store Utility

LockOn_Save_Registry utility saves your "Lock On v.1.1: Flaming Cliffs" activation in registry file in case if you find it necessary to reinstall "Lock On v.1.1: Flaming Cliffs" (if it was damaged or you need to reinstall Windows © for example). To restore the "Lock On v.1.1: Flaming Cliffs" activation after reinstall run the saved registry file before starting the "Lock On v.1.1: Flaming Cliffs".

1: Do I need this fix when my second disc arrives, and if so, is it the same as the 1.1 fix for the downloaded version on the " Fixes " page?

I can't download the one on downloads page as it states " Buy other products before downloading this one! "

2: Do I need install the Ground Units LODs Fix

(For english WEB installed LO 1.1 addon and english CD installed LO 1.1 addon)

or is this included in the Gold Edition?

3: Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the complete game after my replacement disc arrives?

Thanks again for any help offered :)

well the topic has been discussed..the Lomac u bought included a copy of FC that we did not know about,so there is no support for the FC that u have ,the fixes are version specific(downloaded or bought from naturalpoint)on the website,i guess the CD version which is on the website might work but dont quote me on it...see what other ppl post and maybe a DEV will respond as well..

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

There was indeed some confusion about Lock On Gold - it was being advertised as including the features of Flaming Cliffs before they had the right to sell that software ;)

It is in fact Lock On: Flaming Cliffs. The "Gold" tag usually denotes a fully patched product, but in this case it includes an addon of a different name, that you usually have to pay for. It was complicated.

They did manage to negotiate the rights to it before it went on sale, but it was a very close-run thing . . . . see more information here:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=9826

The Starforce activation problems were ONLY for the download version - the replacement disk 2 should ONLY have a Starforce CD check, no need to activate.

As such, the registry key store is unnecessary.

I don't recall whether the two mini-fixes were included in Lock On Gold - you can always install them and see. If they're unnecessary, they shouldn't do any damage and you won't notice a difference.

(edit - just checked the download list. The network stuttering fix tells you not to install it on Lock On Gold, the LOD fix doesn't - so go ahead and install that one)

You don't strictly need to install Flaming Cliffs on top of a "clean" install of Lock On, but it is nevertheless the advised way of doing things. You can save any missions you've made if you wish - there's not much else you'd need to save.