A2G Mode NAV pointer doesn't work

magnum76

That's unfortunately not a bug, it's an underlying problem in the FC2 engine. (You'll see similar things with nav information in A2A mode on the F-15, for example).

That said, you shouldn't need instrumentation to set up a re-attack - this should be planned out before you run-in at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yeah, not that those things being a bit wonky in FC2 is a good thing, but using them in the way you describe makes me worry a lot about the SA - you'll end up "HUD-fighting" and can then easily get yourself killed by anything that isn't in your HUD. Head on a swivel and fly the plane, not the HUD. :)

Basically, to set up your attack, you decide where to run-in from and where to egress based on terrain and known enemy positions, if this means you attack from due south and break off due east after the attack, getting "back in" is fairly easy - just turn south and fly your distance or seconds, then turn west and fly whatever egress distance you took, and you'll be right back where you started. (Though, IRL you would typically not want to re-attack from the same direction your first attack was from - you can bet that's where a lot of muzzles are pointing :P )

When I say distance or seconds, the distance part might sound like needing a travel range marker, but what you really should have is just an understanding of the terrain, something like:

1) Attack from Village X south of target

2) Break off east, fly to that forest

3) Turn south to the river

4) Turn west and return to Village X

Having all of this in your mind and set up beforehand means that during the entire attack run you can keep your head outside the cockpit looking for threats instead of worrying about your navigation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester