realistic mission created

I've done some searching around the missions forum and I've yet to find a real world (current war) mission(s). Something like your on-call cas/strike/recon and you have a area to patrol and provide over watch recon or strike capability on-demand. I've tried making mission before and I admit I've failed miserably, I need to do some reading i guess.

I'd love a mission where your just loitering and your randomly called in to provide recon for a ground force on suspected enemy. Most of the missions I've seen is your tasked with destroying a massive force of tanks and AD, I realize the WH is designed to take out armor/tanks but In our current war I assume they are providing more recon and single strikes if called in.

I'm not sure if the current mission creator will support just doing recon for a ground force or not, Something like say fly to a point called in to you by jtac and recon a area ahead of a couple Hummer's or armor and if it's clear then tell them it's clear and to move, or if you see targets you can call in and request to fire on them.

Maybe I'm wishing for to much but I figured I'd give it a shot. Again i'm not experienced with the mission creator at all.

Actually, that would be nice..

Somehow, if you take a look at the scripting done for the mission in the Campaign "THE SHORE" - look at the mission THE SHORE 04 - Somehow the mission creator implemented some triggers and scripts to mimic the Recon part -

I am trying my best to make sense of the flags and triggers and everything else, and am having some tough times with creating my own missions ... I am actually making a mission where the player(s) (mutliplayer and single player) are assisting a defecting flight ... and part of it is some player controlled KA-50s must do RECON reporting...

You will love this one. :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=78749

Not exactly "loitering and waiting for being called to combat" but rather "search and destroy". But believe me, it's fun as well!

Enjoy.

Edited by Megagoth1702
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

In regard on The Shore mission 4, its pretty simply logic that he used to get the results, but its still quite clever in the execution of it.

I'm not sure if the current mission creator will support just doing recon for a ground force or not, Something like say fly to a point called in to you by jtac and recon a area ahead of a couple Hummer's or armor and if it's clear then tell them it's clear and to move, or if you see targets you can call in and request to fire on them.

Yep it can be done. But its more like a triggered message tells you to fly to point A and you scout it and then radio back according to what needs to be done.

Remember that only the host can use the F10 radio commands in a multiplayer mission, otherwise you'll need to use Speeds sldmod to get the desired effect of players interacting with the mission.

Two other examples of missions featuring patrols where you can get random objectives that aren't already programmed into your CDU are "Separatists Aggression" by Graywolf, and my mission "On Station." Both have abit of, "go here, look for this, and destroy it" sort of objectives. But at the very least there is some loitering involved waiting for new objectives to trigger.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I've done some searching around the missions forum and I've yet to find a real world (current war) mission(s). Something like your on-call cas/strike/recon and you have a area to patrol and provide over watch recon or strike capability on-demand. I've tried making mission before and I admit I've failed miserably, I need to do some reading i guess.

I'd love a mission where your just loitering and your randomly called in to provide recon for a ground force on suspected enemy. Most of the missions I've seen is your tasked with destroying a massive force of tanks and AD, I realize the WH is designed to take out armor/tanks but In our current war I assume they are providing more recon and single strikes if called in.

Maybe I'm wishing for to much but I figured I'd give it a shot. Again i'm not experienced with the mission creator at all.

I've been thinking of creating one like that. Haven't got around to it but was thinking of putting it in a possible campaign. Knowing my patience I'll give up.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

You will love this one. :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=78749

Not exactly "loitering and waiting for being called to combat" but rather "search and destroy". But believe me, it's fun as well!

Enjoy.

just gave it a shot and spent most the flight trying to stay out of a stall, let my wingman loose and he expended all his weapons in 10 mins. The briefing said i had to stay in the box for 4 hours so i guess i'll have to reattempt it with a lighter jet.

Really? Jesus christ, what kind of crazy ammunition did you carry?

I just took whatever the mission gave to me. I did not fly that high though. I think I stayed at the KC-135's level. Keep in mind though - this is a search and destroy mission as well, don't focuss on staying up for so long.

Or were you not flying on full power? The deal is - weather sucks in this mission and you gotta use a lot of engine thrust. You probably will have to do a 2nd air refueling. (besides the first one in the beginning of the mission). Just make sure your AI is somewhere around the border area. If no BLUE jet is around there - the mission will fail.

So if you are playing MP, let one dude refuel and leave at least 1 dude around the border area. Works out very well. If playing SP, tell your wingman to fly to your SPI or something... And go refuel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Really? Jesus christ, what kind of crazy ammunition did you carry?

I just took whatever the mission gave to me. I did not fly that high though. I think I stayed at the KC-135's level. Keep in mind though - this is a search and destroy mission as well, don't focuss on staying up for so long.

Or were you not flying on full power? The deal is - weather sucks in this mission and you gotta use a lot of engine thrust. You probably will have to do a 2nd air refueling. (besides the first one in the beginning of the mission). Just make sure your AI is somewhere around the border area. If no BLUE jet is around there - the mission will fail.

So if you are playing MP, let one dude refuel and leave at least 1 dude around the border area. Works out very well. If playing SP, tell your wingman to fly to your SPI or something... And go refuel.

Yup the stock load out. Throttle firewalled (as always). I was around 18-20k to see the tops of the mountains. If the flight model is accurite then u can sure tell this is a low flying bird. With realistic load outs I'm full throttle 98% of all missions.