My original BS1 Key does not show up under downloads!

emenance

I have built a new PC and should have come here first and read about this

Recover a lost serial number

Serial number is stored on your Windows installation. In your DCS installation there is bin\stable\ folder with a file called "protect.exe". It is also used to decativate/activate your copy. It can get your serial number for you. Click activate/decativate and it will show you. You don't have to complete the process to see it.

Alternatively you can get it directly in Windows registry with regedit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Flaming Cliffs 2.0 EN

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Black Shark

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Eagle Dynamics\BlackShark

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Warthog

There should be Keys subkey and LicenseX keys in it. You'll find your serial numbers in string Number there. The last used serial number is stored in Keys in LastNumber variable.

I do have an image of my old OS but I am unable to see through the garbage of the software file and find my key. Yes I did not write it down anywhere because the DCS website shows these keys. I believe I am a victim of the site merge of the Lock on site so I am asking for help to show my old key and activations. I had many left. The Website does show my BS2 upgrade and A10c puchases. So I just need my BS1 serial number so I can activate. thanks

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

I believe I am a victim of the site merge of the Lock on site so I am asking for help to show my old key and activations.

In this case, assuming your login is "emanance", login using account name "emanance1".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

It didnt work , invalid and I got three more trys before it falls apart. ?????????

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Did you actually stay logged in when looking in the download location? There is a cookie bug that can cause issues for some users. The solution is to clear out all cookies in your browser and then log in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

was indeed logged in. As I mentioned the newer purchases are there. BS2 update and a10c.

Nothing worked in a brand new firefox browser cookies cleared. Tried both unsernames with and with out a 1. Authorizations fail.

I would like to solve this soon . I can see my Flaming cliffs 2 purchase no problem....Why not BS?

Edited by emenance

My only guess would be if you had previously used a different account. If that's not it, please enter a support ticket.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 5 months later...

I know this thread is old but and answer might be of value for those who search this problem. If you downloaded Blackshark you can login and go to download page for BS and there you will find your sr#

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+