BS2 Georgian Oil War first mission

Tozzifan

Hi,

I have difficulties with the 2 ship task of that mission into a narrow valley

- if I stay low I cannot acquire targets, and getting near to enemy armors makes my flight an easy target to SAMs and AAA

- if I try to keep a high standoff position, I cannot recognize targets and fast movers attack me as I become a sitting duck, 150mt up in the air

- the wingman, if sent on recon is shot down, if sent on engaging air defenses is shot down

- if I try to take my time to acquire and engage distant ground enemies, friendly ground vehicles (moving in a hurry) are destroyed and the mission fails

so I'm asking for any tactical advice, thanks

win10 - win7 // 1080 // creative Fatal1ty // WartHog Hotas // trackIr5 // 3d vision // Saitek Trim wheel // CH Throttle Quadrant // Saitek pedals // Oculus CV1

now I can reply myself, and maybe help a future newcomer

when along the mission there appears a first "mission failure", keep pressing on, it won't mean actually mission failure

before flying, enter the planner, and :smartass: slow down the advance of the friendly ground troops: there will plenty of time to smootly perform the CAS, without them hastlily going into enemy fire

win10 - win7 // 1080 // creative Fatal1ty // WartHog Hotas // trackIr5 // 3d vision // Saitek Trim wheel // CH Throttle Quadrant // Saitek pedals // Oculus CV1

Hi,

Thanks - that is helpful. I was just puzzling over that mission myself.

How are you slowing down the friendly attack? When I click 'mission planner' and try to edit the friendly units, everything is greyed out and can't be edited :-(

first I have to say that in editor I can do only veeery simple things, at this time ... so, here's my solution:

-in mission planner I click on the group(s) that's supposed to be on the move: there appears a path

-on the right I add an advanced waypoint action

-there appears on the left another window: I chose the "hold" in the dropdown task window

-then I press the condition button and check the start time

-finally I press the stop condition button, set the time (initial time plus the amount I desire) and the duration of the condition

this for all the three groups of movers

I'm sure it could be done better than I did, yet I achieved the goal, after several unsuccessful attempts, with the first try: I set a "hold" of 20' ... a low value, because two thirds of my allies were destroyed, yet I had time to clean everything off the ground for the surviving one

Edited by Tozzifan

first I have to say that in editor I can do only veeery simple things, at this time ... so, here's my solution:

You're a few steps ahead of me. That's a really useful thing to know for many missions. I like how you can set a particulare time for them to finish holding. This means I can coordinate my attacks, giving myself a set time to clear up the threats from the air before the ground forces move in.

It's a shame you can't set an option for them to hold until you confirm you have cleared up.

It's a shame you can't set an option for them to hold until you confirm you have cleared up.

that would be almost mandatory in a CAS sim like this ... let's be satisfied, nonetheless, of the existence of the "hold" option