USB-Gauges

Does anyone have experience with the USB-Gauges of Simkit.com?:helpsmilie:

The work with us?:joystick:

If so how does that work, or what I have to adjust?

Hat jemand erfahrung mit den USB-Gauges von Simkit.com???:helpsmilie:

Funktionieren die bei uns??? :joystick:

Wenn ja wie geht das, oder was muß ich einstellen??

Hi,

I got in touch with SimKits a couple of years ago when I started with pit building. They mainly produce for the Microsoft flight simulator. A driver for the gauges is included and has to be installed. So you can start almost immediately like plug and play. The question is, if Eagle Dynamics products are supported. If you are able to develop your own interface via Export.lua, it would be possible to connect to SimKits gauges in any case. A SimKits SDK is available.

The main advantage of SimKits Gauges is their price. A little disadvantage is the material quality. At the time when I bought it, it reminded me on Revell model kits. All plastic and paper. Nevertheless, they did their job. They use internally modified servos used in remote controlled aircraft models. These servos are difficult to control in regard to their actual actuator position. It needs a calibration from time to time. Whereby, it could be possible that they build a technical solution meanwhile. Finally they are focused on civil aircraft models like C172 and comparables. So the variety is limited for military purposes.

Regards

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MADTank,

Take a look at simmeters.com as they have some gauges for the A-10, primarily the Altimeter, G-Meter (accelerometer), Airspeed, HSI (without nav info), VVI, and AoA. Using thier software you can connect up to DCS and even FSX. They aren't cheap, but what hardware for our hobby is? I had emailed them about further products, and got the answer that they are in the process of designing an engine cluster pack (all 12 gauges) and a fuel/hyd gauge set.

I haven't purchased any yet, or know anyone who has, but since I just started a new job, the wife said I can order one. I just need to decide which. I'll probably go with the altimeter as a start and get the rest later. Free shipping is a good thing too.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

The total for all the gauges is $1441 including software. I'll be getting the FSX software too. If you wanted to stay around $1000, I'd suggest getting the airspeed, altimeter, VVI and heading indicator (plus software for DCS). The total is $1156, free shipping.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

The total for all the gauges is $1441 including software. I'll be getting the FSX software too. If you wanted to stay around $1000, I'd suggest getting the airspeed, altimeter, VVI and heading indicator (plus software for DCS). The total is $1156, free shipping.

For that price I hope shipping is free!

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED