Saitek X-65F RF Shielding Issue

I've been the not-so-happy owner of an X-65 for a little over a year now. While the stick looks and feels great, in was INCREDIBLY inconsistent with centering. Some days it would work great and be dead centered and others it was showing full scale deflection in the control panel controller.

I too noticed, as others have reported, that the stick will provide an input without ever touching it. Simply waving your hand nearby the X-65F without ever actually touching it will make the cross-hairs jump all over the place in the control panel controller.

While it's been speculated that this phenomenon stems from crappy shielding of the internal components, I can 100% confirm this. It's an RF shielding issue. Mine is caused by using the Multi-Function Panel built by CH Products which I know many flight simmers use as well. This device emits an RF signal which GREATLY interferes with the Saitek X-65F. Not that my issue is CH's fault, as the device itself is designed to work off of RF and it works great.

So all of my many hours upon hours of installing drivers, uninstalling them, reverting to old versions, searching countless forums, and talking to Saitek's tech support all comes down to unplugging my MFP to make my X-65F usable. The X-65F works perfectly when no RF signal is nearby to mess with it.

I'm posting this for anyone else who is also having the same centering/calibration issues that have plagued me all along. I've let Mad Catz who have taken over Saitek know my experience but I highly doubt there will ever be a fix. Just something else to consider when picking a HOTAS.

Edited by AlphaMikeFoxtrot
Grammer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek X-65F, Pro Flight Pedals & Headset / TM Cougar MFD's / CH MFP / TrackIR 5 / AMD Phenom II 965 x4 @ 3.40 ghz / Sapphire ATI Radeon 5870 2GB / Corsair Dominator 8 GB DDR3 / WD Velociraptor HD / Windows 7 64bit / ASUS M4A89TD PRO MB / 3 ASUS VH236 Full HD 23" Monitors (Eyefinity is awesome :thumbup:) /