DCS World A10 1.2.2, missile launch warning THROUGH a hill (with track)

Megagoth1702

Hey guys,

I have noticed that your RWR is super sensitive, it picks up radar through terrain and same goes for missile launches. Picking up radar/SAMs tracking through terrain is an old thing but MISSILE LAUNCHES should NOT be detected...

Running the just released DCS W 1.2.2 and A-10 module.

Track Download

2 key scenes

1115 seconds, I do NOT have line of sight to the missile launches, still the warning fires.

1215 seconds, I have absolutely NO chance of seeing this missile launch, it still gets detected.

Is this realistic? I am not sure but if this is a bug it should get fixed, a proper LOS script maybe?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Megagoth1702

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Srsly Goth? You expect, and are now passive aggressively enquiring why nobody's looked at your issue, whether formally by ED testers, or informally by forum members, of something that was posted on Friday afternoon, so you're not even '1 business day' into the timeline? Demanding, much?

i7@3.5Ghz, ATI 5870, 16GB RAM, win7 64bit, TH2GO, Track-IR, 4screen pit, TM WArthog HOTAS

Don't want to look at a 20-min track. We'll just try to reproduce the issue in a very short track to present to devs.

Don't take it as an insult, I really appreciate that you uploaded the track, but long tracks waste time for us.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Don't want to look at a 20-min track. We'll just try to reproduce the issue in a very short track to present to devs.

Don't take it as an insult, I really appreciate that you uploaded the track, but long tracks waste time for us.

Fast forward time. It works for me no problem. I understand fast forwarding might screw up playback but for me it did not do that. Plane & BUK sites were still where they were when I played the mission.

I was not able to reproduce this bug with OTHER hills in the game by using single player mode. This happened in MP.

I will try to create a shorter track but I didnt know that fast forwarding was a big problem. :( Sorry.

No insults taken of course.

Jinja, yes, demanding. Think business here. Full price paid, not 100% working product delivered. DCS is an amazing piece of software but there is a bunch of very deep detail stuff not working right. I do a lot of track posting lately, short pieces if possible (see gun ammo change & pipper change bug, SU25 gun pods firing non stop for other mp clients) and I expect a "noted" from a tester.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Don't worry, we look at bugs even if we don't reply. We don't mind an unresponded bug thread being bumped, just don't get upset over it, that's all.

Yes, sometimes those bugs will slip through the cracks anyway ... we try to not let that happen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

That is very good to know Tharos, thank you a lot man... Sure calms me down. :)

I might be able to deliver a short track soon. I am basically stripping down the mission where it happened, just leaving the SAM system and letting an AI follow me a few thousand feet above me so he gets launched at and I dont see the missile launch.

I am already getting the warning even before I can see the missile pop over the hill... I am just perfecting the track.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

GOT IT!

Watch carefully from 85 seconds. As soon as you get the very first missile warning tone, pause game, go into external view and look at the SAM site... You see that it JUST launched the missile, there is no LOS to it but I still got the warning.

And well, a lot of inconsistent stuff happening after that.

Also, do you mind explaining "SAM = speed bump"? I never got that but I keep thinking about it whenever I see your signature. :-/

MLW thru hill.trk

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Thanks, I'll be looking right away.

SAM = Speed bump because it may delay a powerful air-force, but it will just get eaten by SEAD/DEAD eventually.

The idea is that SAMs by themselves are not adequate to defend territory from air power unless they are facing low-capability air power.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Not everything gets fixed every iteration. They will get to it, hopefuly sooner rather than later. The priorityis on getting rid of MP problems and crashes right now.

Thanks for re-checking this issue though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep.

I don't have the feeling that the A-10's deep systems are being worked on much anymore. (well missile warnings are not just for a-10). Maybe ED will prove me wrong but for now I'll keep bumping my stuff with every release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64