1.11 Patch Locks Up Everything

Fishy

I have the LO Gold CD as a base level install and D/Led the 1.11 (CD) patch. I have a low end Dell platform (2350 with a mid range video card), nothing fancy but 1.1 runs OK at low settings. I am able to get about, blow things up and have a fine time. There will be better things in my future.

The 1.11 patch seems to go on OK, I get no error codes or indication of a problem. When I run LO, I get past some of the graphics on the load screens, past the CD check and to the first menu screen in the game. When I choose anyting here, time stops. I have to do a power off reset.

Any advice or observations?

FishyJere

Fly fish in summer and do other stuff in winter.

• Like 1

Hi Fish!

I am having the same problem here. I Tried to defrag and a fresh reinstall (patch 1.11) but nothing. I have a geforce 3 128Mb and I´m using the latest nvidia drivers. I really don´t know what is going on.

If you get to a solution let me know. Thanks.

Cheers,

Oskar

Just some things to try:

** Download and install "Microsoft Antispyware" (Its free)

** Remove any desktop picures background pictures.

** Right Click on Desktop, Properties, Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot and drop the hardware acceleration down one notch

** In "...\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Config\graphics.lua" change "fullscreen = 1;" to "0" in all 3 entries.

Hi Ice!

Thanks for your help.

I tried the two last topics of your post (the fist two I´ve already had set) and know Lockon doesn´t start at all. I heard the music and then it crashes! By the way i didn´t find the lua file but found graphics.cfg (that´s the file that i´ve changed).

I will keep trying

Oskar

PC: AMD Athlon 2.1MHz (Soyo K7VTAPRO), 512 Mb DIMM 133 RAM; 5Gb space free; Directx 9.0c; XFX GeForce 3 Ti 200 128Mb; nVidia ForceWare 81.94; LG DVD-RAM 4163b; Joystick Suncom F-15E Raptor; Creative SB Live!; An old but Ok machine! Maybe not for Lockon!

Hi!

I got it!

Now Lockon is working nice! Just uninstalled nvidia recent drivers and went back to my old 61.72 WHQL drivers and it starts to work fine. No problens till now! (Full screen 1024x768) - settings gone to medium, no water, and full hardware aceleration.

Well, now I will start to have real problens. Like: Not being shot.

Thanks again!

Oskar

Thanks Ice. I changed the graphics settings, reinstalled 1.11 and fired it up. Things worked. I also noted I got a message from Mr. Norton (I run a symantec firewall) about allowing LO to access a DNS server. I did not get this before and suspect it is the root problem. I was having problems with my firewall and had to revert to an earlier date in XP. My symptoms, waiting forever, are the same I experienced with email. Thus I point the finger at Mr. Norton.

Again, thanks.

Yes, I have norton and realized that was what the problem was.

I've noticed that several games lock up when Norton tries to bring up the authorization dialoge box to allow the program access through the firewall. The only real solution is to disable it to prevent the box from trying to come up.

Of course I'd like to know why the bleeding $* Lock-On needs to contact a DNS server when I want to play single player or just simply access my options. >:(

LOCK ON HANGS ON MENU SCREEN

I am also suffering from the same problem, and had recently upgraded my NVidia Driver to the latest, 81.95 i think.

However, i had to reformat my HD and install Win XP after a NASTY PIECE of MALWARE got into my computer and it could not be totally removed

Once the Vanilla install was complete, The first thing installed on ma Pc was LOCK FC.

The very first time I ran the game it froze on the main menu - the only escape after all else failed RESET BUTTON (NOT GOOD)

This still happens now and after the first reboot, i run the game and it works fine STRANGE ME THINKS help!!!

CHEERS

SUMOSCOUSE OUT :cool:

Sumoscouse

I had the same problem. And the only solution was to unistall nvidia 81.94 (that was my old video drivers) and went back to an WHQL one (Windows Hardware Compatibility Labs - Tested). I am using the 61.72 and Lockon is working fine. I hope it helps.

Oskar

Nvidia driver 61.72 are the best drivers for any Nvidia GeForce 3/4 series.

Anything higher then 7x.xx just doesnt like LockOn for some GF3/4 series cards.

For extra peformance or reliabilty, you may also need to choose 'Quality' settings in Nvidia control panel grpahic settings.

Performance/High Performance can do nasty things to the grpahics in game(psychedelic textures) on some GeForce3/4 cards. :P

Hope this helps.

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs