AI Attack Problem - Update Requested Please

GAJ52

Have just successfully updated to 1.2.2 7570.

Although for me the initial Datalink problem seems to have been fixed, my wingman appears to receive the Datalink information OK. However the problem of him NOT attacking the Datalink targets when given options 'F1 Target' or 'F3 Targets by Type' still persists.

As a recap, if I send him a Datalink target and ask him to attack it with option F1 or F3 he will always acknowledge the command by saying Roger or Copy, fly in the direction of the target, then turn around and say Rejoin without firing a shot. This was working fine at one stage but appears to have been broken during one of the previous updates.

This Datalink / Wingman problem was acknowledged by Nate at the start of the Datalink Bug thread, but we still have it after several updates.

Can anyone from ED provide an update please if it will be fixed for the next patch, as its a reasonably serious bug for those of us trying to use the Datalink Attack method of combat with the Ka-50.

GAJ52

Intel i7-7700K @ 4.60GHz | 32 GB Ram | Win 10 Pro 64 | GTX 1080i 11.00MB | Saitek X52 Pro

Have just successfully updated to 1.2.2 7570.

Although for me the initial Datalink problem seems to have been fixed, my wingman appears to receive the Datalink information OK. However the problem of him NOT attacking the Datalink targets when given options 'F1 Target' or 'F3 Targets by Type' still persists.

As a recap, if I send him a Datalink target and ask him to attack it with option F1 or F3 he will always acknowledge the command by saying Roger or Copy, fly in the direction of the target, then turn around and say Rejoin without firing a shot. This was working fine at one stage but appears to have been broken during one of the previous updates.

This Datalink / Wingman problem was acknowledged by Nate at the start of the Datalink Bug thread, but we still have it after several updates.

Can anyone from ED provide an update please if it will be fixed for the next patch, as its a reasonably serious bug for those of us trying to use the Datalink Attack method of combat with the Ka-50.

Bump

GAJ52

Intel i7-7700K @ 4.60GHz | 32 GB Ram | Win 10 Pro 64 | GTX 1080i 11.00MB | Saitek X52 Pro

Yep, having the same issue, I sure picked the wrong time to start learning the datalink system in earnest, now have my voice commands setup to issue all command to wingman / flight with out having to look at datalink buttons, voice control is now working great, but the AI is very hit and miss, most of the time they do as you have said, then other times, they go on a killing rampage.

I was playing SP Convoy Hunt with a 4 ka50 layout, I tried sending datalink to flight and individually to each wingman to attack Datalink target / Datalink target by type / Datalink targets / Datalink targets by type, they just flew towards targets and didn't engage, rejoined, did the same thing over and over, several times, then shortly after I crashed, by the time I flew back from the airfield to the engagement zone (2-4min), they were actually engaged and were killing just about two whole convoys by themselves.

So they will work under some circumstances, I just haven't figured out when yet, but agree it needs looking at.

Cheers, Ian

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.