Making a New Squadron

Ar2hur

Welcome Ar2hur,

You could make your announcement while being specific about which aircrafts you want to fly, whether you want it to be a national or international squad, presenting yourself a bit and your own experience especially in MP, also the team would need a headquarter (home page/ forum)...things like that :)

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Hello, I'm new here, I'd like to make my own squadron in Lock On but don't know how to. So can someone help?

Thanks.

Ps.( my other thread was in the wrong section, sorry)

Hi Ar2Hur,

I'm assuming that you know the intracacies of the actual simulations intimately, have a little money aside to support the endevour - Website, Teamspeak, Server & Bandwidth and that you have a group of you already? Perhaps you've been about the block a bit (forgive the expression) and have links to vfs's and know the community?

If the answer to all or some of the above is 'no', then allow me to offer some sincere advice.

Look around for a fairly 'local' VFS (by virtue of timezone and language), find out what their server is, their TS etc, and pop along and introduce yourself. Fly with them for a lil while. perhaps apply to become a member. use your membership time as a tool to gather facts and ideas of running a vfs. If it is to be successful and last longer than 5 minutes, it needs desire, drive, ambition, passion, dedication, committment and most of all, knowledge.

I applaud your initiative of course and certainly don't believe in stiffling it when it appears in people - RL or on here, but the fact is that this small community of ours needs vfs's to be successfull, to live, breath and grow to ensure the longevity of the products we fly.

Again, forgive me, but i will assume (which i never do, but on this occasion) that you are fairly new around here, but have flown a fair bit in SP or tasted MP and have seen the tags on people, their websites etc and feel that you could add to it. Fairplay and kudos to you mate, but take my advice, please. Start from the bottom.

Happy to talk to you further about running a vfs - please, pop along to our Teamspeak anytime. But be warned. It's not as easy as people think it is. It's a timely endevour if to be done right.

Regards

'T'

+1 of course:thumbup:

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Step one. Make your squadrons charter. What is you goal? Why does your squad exist?

Step two. Find people who share your beliefs in step one.

Step three. Make a central gathering space. A website, forum, and/or teamspeak will do.

Step four. Train players gathered in step two to complete step one. You will need a good internet to host.

Step five repeat steps two and four.

Step six repeat step two unless you have too many members. Then see step four.

Edited by Krebs20

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]