Question for ED Developers re: IFFCC

BlueRidgeDx

Can Oleg or another developer confirm whether or not IFFCC - as modeled in DCS - modifies the RTSE abort cues (VSI, MRS,MRC,DRC) depending on the Fuze Arm times entered in the DSMS Inventory?

In other words, assuming a given set of weapon delivery parameters, will increasing the fuze time cause an earlier (higher) abort cue? Or have the cues been modeled accurately for only one nominal fuzing option?

If I can avoid having to test this in-game, I'd appreciate it.

Note:

I am aware that fuzing is not modelled, but that is not what I'm asking.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

If there is anything I can do, to assist. Let me know. I see my table got you stirred up to do it textbook. :thumbup:

Carry on, Blue!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Fortunately (unfortunately?) I was already neck deep in it when you asked your question.

Incidentally, I tested it myself last night and found that IFFCC RTSE cues are not affected by the fuze settings in the DSMS Inventory.

Moreover, the MRS, MRC and the RTSE cue are driven incorrectly - apparently by excessively large Safe Escape values.

The DRC works correctly, though.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

Fortunately (unfortunately?) I was already neck deep in it when you asked your question.

Incidentally, I tested it myself last night and found that IFFCC RTSE cues are not affected by the fuze settings in the DSMS Inventory.

Moreover, the MRS, MRC and the RTSE cue are driven incorrectly - apparently by excessively large Safe Escape values.

The DRC works correctly, though.

I will test and report back. Thanks for the findings, old man!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.