Multimonitor

The lua file is for the a10 i guess if i want to export skval and abris i can how to do that in the dummy guide right

I have great difficulties to understand what is in bold. (...is it even a question at all ?!)

Question : When/in which post - you asked me for a explicit Ka-50 set-up ?

Edited by PeterP

Oohh oh sorry my mistake i was half sleepy i guess

I ment if i want to configure my game i should just follow the dummy guide right ?

1*And here in this thread i asked for skval and abris

Originally Posted by Clyber

Hello Peter P

[...]

Have a total of 6 monitor. Single line setup [array]

3 main monitors for Dcs and 3 monitors for Helios.

The 3 main screens 27 inch resol 1920x1080.

The next [ 4th ] in the row for helios is a 32 inch monitor 1366x768

Before i used eyefinity but ive read in the forum i guess one of your posts

That eyefinity doesnt support multiple monitors with diffrent resolution

So i dowloaded softth but i dont know how to configure it

The 4th and 5th montor are 2x 23inch monitor resolution 1920x1080

At the end i want the main 3 monitors with the 3 camera view running Dcs.

On the 4th i want to render the skval and abris

And the other 2 monitors are solely helios monitors so dcs total span should be till the 4th monitor

Hope this info is enough for you to create files for my setup r instruct/guide me through as good as possible . Iam not exerpieced in this so some help woul be nice

Regards Clyber

2* Here you cut it out to proof to me that iam sketchy

To make it short: Arrange your monitors like you want and its suitable for you.

Once you have nailed it down , come back and give-me that info.

Than I'm able to write a working monitor.lua for you.

Edit:

But right now I'm not able to do that , as you changing your plans with every new posting/PM.

See:

Post #1:

Quote:

My plan was to have 3 mainscreens running DCS 3x [ 1920x1080 ] 1x27 inch 2x23 inch i think DCS and windows sees these screens as same size .

And i have a touchscreen witch should run Helios. 1x [ 1366x768]

The Screens r side by side and connected with eyfinity.

Than in one of your PMs:

Quote:

The 4th and 5th montor are 2x 23inch monitor resolution 1920x1080

At the end i want the main 3 monitors with the 3 camera view running Dcs.

On the 4th i want to render the skval and abris

And the other 2 monitors are solely helios monitors so dcs total span should be till the 4th monitor

3* And another

QUOTE=Clyber]Hello

I have been strugglin for a while now with these multimonitor screen settings.

For now i have 4 monitor .

3 [1920x1080] should be running DCS BlackShark

1 [ 1366x768] should run the viewports shkval and abris including helios.

But i cant get them up and running I guess DCS rejects my lua files,aspect ratio,maybe my choise of camera in the option drop down menu,or i need to configure somthiing in my option.lua file.

Besides throughout all my msges iam saying if you need some more info just ask dont assume

But heyy....no one is perfect right ?

Edited by Clyber

multiple monitor set including helios

Hi, Peter

Its a long time ago sinds i answered your question.

I have not heart from you sinds a week ago , Whats going on are you done Here or will you still adjust the files?

Edited by Clyber

Thx for your wonderfull support and effort

If your words above are spiced with sarcasm - please read what' inside the spoiler.

If not , ignore the spoiler, and just read this:

Thanks , It was a pleasure for me to help you out! :)

Sorry Clyber to that I don't serve you how you expected it.

What's your real problem setting it up for the Ka-50 ?!

Everything you need to know is already written down in this thread.

And BTW: Why you didn't told me that you need it for the Ka-50 while seeing that I made the first configuration for the A-10 weeks ago ?

????

But no, no need to inform me that I have over-read the 'Abris/Skval' you have mentioned ! -Your answer just was:

Yesssssss thats it finally thx peter tomorrow ill start with it
- remember?

And not the slighted word that you need it for the Ka-50. ..-Nada ,Zero , zilch.

You wrote me in various PM's and in this Thread that you already read the Dummies Guide for the “MonitorSetup.lua“ ...

It contains all info that you need.

Heck ! - there is even a example for the Ka-50 export placement in it where I talk exactly about a two-monitor configuration.

and its exactly what you need to follow , as you have Two monitors (Eyefinity-group on the left and touch-screen on the right.) .

Why you are not able to use this info?

And looking for a way to place other exports without the Abris/Shkval rendered in-cockpit ? -

Just follow the linlk-list (I'm sure you did already - as you wrote me...)

And you would end after some time in this thread:

A Plea for View-Export/Multi-head/TH Users.

and than it would be a small step to this :

5. Please Enable the "render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT," for all exports by default, and switch on the possibility to export them in the appropriate *_init.lua by default.

So Threads like this will have an end:

Exported all my A-10C displays in DCS World - mostly

And add this exports to the "MonitorSetup".Lua. - so newbies will have a better time.

BTW: this relates: Annotation in frequently user-changed Files

This can look like this:

Example for the 1Screen.lua (see attachment):

Here is a example how a possible "FIX" can look:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1541311#post1541311

I can't see any reason why this shouldn't be done by default to all modules.

It has unique names for the exports - "ED_A10C_RIGHT_MFCD" instead only "RIGHT_MFCD". As this will get more and more a problem when we get new modules and use different "monitorSetup.lua's" for each module ore even combine them like described here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1466722#post1466722

Just click on "http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1541311#post1541311"

and you have everything you need.

- but hey! I bet you already been there and have read it....

Sorry , I will not write a configuration for you .

It feels like a waste of time for me.

Time that is better spend for things like this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1669729&postcount=60

Now its your turn . Use the info I provided and do it on your own! It's not so hard, you just have to try!

There is a saying:

You can bring a horse to water , but you can't force it to drink.

- I have the suspicion that you expect me to push the head of the horse inside the water..., but this is your job.

Edited by PeterP

Sarcasm ? Grow up please.....

No sarcasm i just wanted to use a new reply to thank you because you still made me the total setup.

You see i just bought the game a few months a go iam not so experienced to this complicated game these couple of months i just read manuals from controles_ helios_monitors setups making a simpit etc etc

Cant even play the game

i asked you to help out with the monitor setup and on top of that you fixed me up with the Dcs lua file didnt expected thats great this was awsome.

Than i read your spoiler man. Here you are doing all this great stuff helping out and the next moment your inpatient _ mad_ or angry it seem. i hope iam wrong but your words seem aggressive every time things arnt going as they should. But you must understand your very experienced

People advised me to ask you to help out [ The SoftTH expert is PeterP. Send him a message.] so your the best around here this is why unexperienced gamers approch you they want to learn from you but we are Not as far as you are.

I even asked you to do it when you have extra free time so you wouldnt stress out. no need to put people down like that. Iam trying to learn so i dont have to give up on this very difficult game . Hope you can understand.

About the A10 configuration

As i said i asked for the monitor setup. When i received the Portrait setup at night i said to you ill install the next day. Than i found out that monitorsetup was in Portrait . I havnt even looked at the lua file sinds this would never work if the monitor setup isnt correct so i never saw if it was Bs or a10 lua file

And because i asked before for Bs i didnt acspect diffrent.

Yes i saw a A10 picture on the monitor but it could have been just a example to show me what the config would look like i didnt know you have both BS and A10 installed.

Honestly i didnt know if you would send me a guideline or the realthing. Maybe you see it as an excuse but i just didnt know

I understand if you dont want to finish the files thats all i needed to know you gave me enough tools to finish it

Buy the way great job you and ice ( this is no sarcasm so no more silly spoilers):)

Once again my apoligies for the inconvenience and thnx for everything

Iam busy making a collective pitch as soon as iam finished ill install the files and let you know how/ if it all works ..... or not than we will see if what they r saying is true [The SoftTH expert is PeterP. Send him a message.] ;)

Regards

Clyber

Edited by Clyber

• 2 weeks later...

Great

Hey Peter ??!! Thanx thats very kind of you to send me this your to kind thnx

I saw it this morning great job man how did you guys do it ?

Wizards ... thnx once again.

By the way i havnt done the multimon thing yet but i havnt forgotten your request to send you some pics of my pit.

Edited by Clyber

EMC

ive tried the emc program.

it seems great, it exports everything i need but i must have did something wrong.

i can see it changed/made a new lua file but no exports to my Helios monitor.[monitor 1366x768. nr4]

further more i was thinking if i want to export all these avoinics to my monitors maybe i should set the monitors up as the attachment [resloution desktop]. this way i can put the pvi panel ,ekran etc etc using ECM, wherever i want and on witch monitor i feel like. what do you think ?

i have uploaded the files i tought you need to checkout. On the image named ecm you can see helios on monitor 4 [1366x768] . Through the cutouts for abris and skval you can see i have placed the ecm exports there in the background, this background is normally black the color of my desktop.

when i start the game i have no exports, i guess i need to do something else in the lua file.

can you please help out?

regards Clyber

emc.thumb.jpg.0fca46b775d4b59d6810d5342263f4c2.jpg

933263230_desktopresolution.thumb.jpg.17dce10583224747838615c5d676eb4f.jpg

Tarantula.lua

Edited by Clyber

OK- I asked because I can't spot a DCS World Icon on your desktop - only a Balckshark 2 icon.

Leave your monitors/desktop how they are in the attached pictures (as Row).

I can clearly see that your first 3 monitors cover 6084x1080px - but you have set up 5760x1080px as Center in your LUA.... -That's an offset of 324px.

Please double-check everything again.

Than make sure that DCS World 1.2.2 is set to (6084+1366=) 7450x1080 as In-game resolution. and Fullscren is un-cheked.

Also make sure that you have clicked "Install LUA Files" in EMC. - Please Check also that EMC is properly installed. Because I see that your Abris/Skvahl window is blank/white.

Normal you should see a image in them.

Edited by PeterP