Hus symbology

FOXFIRE TWOONE

Seem too large and out of place. The only way I can see it all is by leaning far forward.

Screen_130503_190803.thumb.jpg.59f8218db67dd62628237c121d7bb96d.jpg

Screen_130503_190834.thumb.jpg.bb6c022033421f7c9debe7fcfef24fa6.jpg

Screen_130503_191315.thumb.jpg.648ff474fa7b2131720a95a5b16036f9.jpg

Edited by FOXFIRE TWOONE

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Yes I may have hit the default 5 view when doing custom snapwiews which could have caused it. I put the default view lua files back and it looks ok now. Will retry doing my custom views.

Thanks

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Well I changed my view lua to false again, went back into sim, not touching any view view angles, started up A-10 and the hud is large still, so it not something I am doing.

Anyone else tried custom views, and not having this happen.

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I hope I'm wrong, but it seems like since the 1.2.4 you can't have your trackir z axis on 'zoom view' without ending up with a gigantic HUD (that's only readable when you press your 'nose up against the glass', so to speak)

Changing my trackir z axis to 'cockpit camera move forward backward' keeps the hud basically the same size while I can move my fov around to my liking.

Do you use trackir? maybe try changing your z axis and see what happens.

Think tomorrow I might start a post asking for advice, too tired right now for that though.

ok try this:

delete your snapviews and copy defaultsnapviews to that folder. Rename this from defaultsnapviews to snapviews.

Go into the sim, let it zoom back without touching a key, then hit enter to get the default zoomed view. I think your hud will then show all the info. Then use a zoom key to move the whole screen in and out to your liking. (This is not the Z axis on Trackir)

Once you have done this, program your own custom views as before. It should now all work.

BUT HERE IS THE KICKER: If you go from ANY of your snapviews and hit F1 (cockpit view) you screw up the HUD again, and there is no going back. Just start from scratch again!!! Long story short dont ever go from snapview to F1. Certainly this has been my issue. Results may vary - let me know.

Andy

Thanks Andy, I'll give it a try tomorrow- but what I don't understand is, what's changed?

I mean, I've always been able to go into my 'snapviewdefault' file, change the 'viewangle' on snap 13 on whatever aircraft I like, and then my view is adjusted - and the hud wasn't messed up.

Anyway thanks again- I really hope they get some kind of view adjust going in the GUI, would really help make this less painful.

Thanks again Andy, I tried but I just can't get this to work like it used to.

Usually I have the patience to mess around with configs and whatnot till I've fixed something, but for whatever reason right now I just don't.

Think when I'm feeling a little less annoyed I'll come back to it and try again.

I have the exact same issue.

When I shift my X, Y and Z axis on my TIR by moving my head, the HUD symbology remains at a fixed point from my position it seems. This results in the HUD symbology being in view fully when I press my nose against the glass so to speak.

When I relax backwards into the default position, the symbology runs out of the window because I am moving away from the HUD window, while the position of the symbology seems fixed in relation to my head position, so it moves backwards as well as I move my head, making it go ' in front of the glass' so to speak and therefore out of the scope of the window...

I never had this before.. :S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Changing the UseDefaultSnapViews to true again solved my issue.

Note that I deleted the files from my Saved Games\DCS folder structure.

The files are only present in my DCS World install folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Thanks, but I tried deleting the snapviews.lua from the saved games folder but that didn't help... am I editing the wrong line? Can't figure out what (if anything) has changed since the last patch, or if I can't catch what I'm doing wrong.

Basically what I'd like to know is - I'm changing the 'viewAngle' in Snapviewsdefault.lua for snapview 13 to a larger number, and I'm expecting to see a wider field of view. Is that what I should be expecting?

I have Track ir and use the z-axis for zoom view, and I like to have the initial view pulled back a little more than what comes standard... I've been able to do this for a while now, but it seems like I can't anymore.