How To: Make sp mission into mp mission?

I'm very new to dCS and completely new to mission builders of any sort.

What I would like to do is to get some of the P51 starter training missions in the campaign turned into multilayer missions so that myself and two friends I've convinced to buy the module can go through it together.

The reason is so that when we're talking on TS3 we are all going through the same thing at the same time and can thereby help each other out and have a laugh while hopefully learning and improving as a squad.

I've been concentrating my efforts on the P51 campaign "Mission 07-Navigation" I've added the extra aircraft added the same way points for each aircraft and made them client operated and uploaded the mission file so we all have the same file in the same folder.

I can host the session and I can see my friends join the server but on their side all the get is the grey mission loading box and that's as far as it goes regardless of which of us tries to host the mission. We've tried hosting other available mp missions and they load up fine and can be flown(when we manage to get off the ground)

I don't want to burden somebody Else's game time with our lack of experience so any help in getting this working will be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been concentrating my efforts on the P51 campaign "Mission 07-Navigation" I've added the extra aircraft added the same way points for each aircraft and made them client operated and uploaded the mission file so we all have the same file in the same folder.

I can host the session and I can see my friends join the server but on their side all the get is the grey mission loading box and that's as far as it goes regardless of which of us tries to host the mission.

Hi Fuzzy_bear,

this sounds very strange.

By the way: your guys don't need to have the mission in the same folder.

When they connecting to the server (host) the mission get's downloaded automatically to the client.

How to make a SP mission to MP mission:

Depending on the mission this can be VERY difficult if you want to do it right!

The main difficults are:

1. The SP mission was made for 1 person. That means the ammount of enemies is less or closely to what one aircraft can carry (weapons).

If you add more clients you need more enemies, else the mission is boring.

2. The triggers don't registrate the new clients. You have to add the clients to the triggers and therefore you have to know the missions process.

If you don't do that the clients will not activate triggers, messages... ect.

Some mission's trigger logic is that complex and need to have a specific operating plan that a "not registrated aircraft" can destroy the mission logic.

E.g. the aircraft destroys a specific enemy but normally it would fly through a triggerzone first. The trigger would make the unit moving to a important location but the triggerzone didn't recognize the client and the unit will not move.

So what you have to do:

- Mark the player unit and copy&paste it with [CTRL]+[c] and [CTRL]+[v].

- Make sure all the new units are set to CLIENT.

- Open the triggers and find the player related conditions and actions.

--- Sometimes it is ok to just clone the whole trigger and exchange the player unit to the client unit.

--- Sometimes you have to extend the conditions of a existing trigger with a [OR] and the same condition for the clients as for the player.

--- Sometimes you have to extend the actions if they are player releted. (e.g. Message to Group,player)

Very important is:

- Save the mission as a new file in each DCS update! (save as)

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Thx Dragon. That was my mistake. Had to make the other planes "client" to get it to work. took me a while to figure out how to make the "green Frames" for a person to fly through and even longer to figure out why i was the only one that could see them. got it working in the end.. had a lot of fun and a good few laughs and even managed to learn a lot along the way.

I've still not gotten as far as flags yet but with luck i'll figure it out and maybe even one day i might even figure out scripting(in a year or six)