Radio compass indicator in DCS UH-IH Huey

David Wong

If I set the VHF Navigation set AN/ARN-82 to a frequency of 109.30 of Mineralnye Vody airbase

the first needle or the VOR pointer should response. The second pointer responded if I feed in the correct frequency of the beacon, say 435(inner beacon) on the AN/ARN-83 set.

Maybe I am not doing it correctly.

By nature, you will have a reception only if someone talks on that frequency. At this moment, the needle points into the direction of the transmitter. This is in real life not only the airbase. It could be any transmitter who is active on this frequency. I am not sure, if DCS has a build in function which activates the needle, if the AI controller of the airbase talks to you.

Regards

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I set the VHF Navigation set AN/ARN-82 to a frequency of 109.30 of Mineralnye Vody airbase

the first needle or the VOR pointer should response. The second pointer responded if I feed in the correct frequency of the beacon, say 435(inner beacon) on the AN/ARN-83 set.

Maybe I am not doing it correctly.

Two things.

First, the frequency is the ILS for one of the two runway directions. Tuning it in will activate both needles (localizer and glideslope). You will need to be close enough to the runway for it to work, and aligned with either the front or back course of the runway for the localizer info to be valid and to the front course for the glideslope to be valid. Your OBS setting won't matter here like it would if you were tuning a VOR.

The ADF needs to be tuned to an NDB. There are some collocated near the airport's runway beacons. But anything you do with those are going to be separate from what you do with your nav radio.