'Cryptical Issues'?

Does our mate WAGS mean 'Critical Issues'?

If he does, I'll add a new one.

Since the 'update', my TrackIR doesn't work in DCS World. Or, strangely, in my stand alone installation of A-10C.

It works fine in Rise of Flight, Cliffs of Dover, old IL2 1946. But it does not work with the most expensive flight sim I pay my hard earned cash for.

An explanation would be nice, although I appreciate it may not be the fault of anyone at Eagle Dynamics. Bit of a co-incidence though, don't you think??

Strange, works fine for me.

Did you do any diagnostics for TIR? Or at least reboot the PC?

Yap. I always re-boot after any updates, which isn't probably necessary these days, but I do it anyway. Did various things. Updated the TrIR software, software installation hung halfway through, installed some 'usb x64 drivers' that I'd never seen before, uninstalled them, in desperation did a system restore, installed all latest windows updates, then uninstalled them, then did another system restore to an earlier time, then posted here in a pure fit of pique. How could an update to DCS world affect my stand alone install of A-10C??

Did you update the game profiles within TIR? What are your specs, TIR HW/SW versions etc?

DCSW updated should not affect the previous stand-alone product.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Did you update the game profiles within TIR? What are your specs, TIR HW/SW versions etc?

DCSW updated should not affect the previous stand-alone product.

Man, it's all in my sig. It's trackIR4 Pro, with the original SW. I tried to update, but the installation hung as I said.. And to this day I still use the stock 'combat profile'. I repeat, it works fine in all my other sims, just not DCS, in two different installations, and was only affected after I updated to the latest patch of DCS World. Thanks for trying to help though, :thumbup:

Make sure the TrackIR is still set in the controls configuration under the axis settings and that you are getting response via the TrackIR configuration application. I'm sure you've checked both of these, but bringing them up just in case.

Yep. I even went through all of the axis controls, for every aircraft, deleting all the default view settings, in case there was a conflict. TrackIR is still listed in all of the 'absolute' view controls under the axis commands for all aircraft.

Edit: But the little blue light on the bottom of the doo-dah, refuses to light up for anything to do with DCS.

Edited by Dooyar

That's a good clue. But I don't know what could cause this :(

Edit: But the little blue light on the bottom of the doo-dah, refuses to light up for anything to do with DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

See if it helps to clear the config (all files) for trackir in the planes you have problems.

For Example, SU27 in FC3:

C:\Users\<yourprofile>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\su-27\trackir

Just find the airframe you have issues with, remove the TIR-file config, restart the game and retest.

• Like 1

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

See if it helps to clear the config (all files) for trackir in the planes you have problems.

For Example, SU27 in FC3:

C:\Users\<yourprofile>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\su-27\trackir

Just find the airframe you have issues with, remove the TIR-file config, restart the game and retest.

Thanks mate.

Deleted all said files for all aircraft, but no joy. The little blue light still refuses to illuminate for all things DCS. Thing is, over the last month or two, I've bought the Huey, the Mustang, the Black Shark and Combined arms. I've had the A-10 for a couple of years. So as soon as I really start to pay any attention to DCS, I lose my trackIR. Sorry if I'm sounding a bit bad tempered, but I'm sure you understand that as all the other flight sims are fine, I'm going to be pointing my finger at the update...? I may well be wrong though, computers are not my strongpoint. :(

Try reverting to the latest version of 1.2.4 and see if TrackIR starts working again. Here's the best way to accomplish that.

Have you tried to use updater command line?

Start, search, CMD (Command Prompt), Open Command Prompt

Type: CD\

ENTER Key

Type: CD Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bin\

ENTER Key

Type: dcs_updater.exe update 1.2.4.12913

ENTER KEY

It should downgrade your DCS World installation to version 1.2.4.12913 and if the update really is to blame for your TrackIR not working anymore, it should start working again after this downgrade. Then, wait until the fixed version of 1.2.5 is released within the next few days and see if that fixes your TrackIR issues.

If nothing else, it will narrow down the cause to actually being the update to v1.2.5.

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

One more thing you could try - if TrackIR tries to detect which game you use, there something called 'exclusive mode' - which basically means, 'stop guessing, use *this active profile*'

See Advanced + Profile, there you should find the exclusive mode.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Try reverting to the latest version of 1.2.4 and see if TrackIR starts working again. Here's the best way to accomplish that.

It should downgrade your DCS World installation to version 1.2.4.12913 and if the update really is to blame for your TrackIR not working anymore, it should start working again after this downgrade. Then, wait until the fixed version of 1.2.5 is released within the next few days and see if that fixes your TrackIR issues.

If nothing else, it will narrow down the cause to actually being the update to v1.2.5.

Thanks, downloading now, we'll see......

One more thing you could try - if TrackIR tries to detect which game you use, there something called 'exclusive mode' - which basically means, 'stop guessing, use *this active profile*'

See Advanced + Profile, there you should find the exclusive mode.

The exclusive mode was already ticked against the combat flight profile, so I tried unticking it but again, no joy.

Ok, I've reverted to 1.2.4, and TrackIR is still not working, so we can assume it's not the patch after all. The fact that my stand-alone A-10C is also affected pointed to that being the case too. So, what the.......?

Could it be something to do with DCS being the only flight sim in 'program files', as opposed to 'program files x86'?? Could something either in windows updates or the updated TIR software be stopping the two progs talking to each other? I'm really out of my depth here, any help appreciated.

Ok, a second full uninstall of TrackIR, followed by a second fresh install has sorted out my problem. I've no idea why whatever was wrong only affected DCS, or why doing all of this yesterday had no effect, but today it worked.

Thanks for all your help anyway guys. Much appreciated. Happy for the moderators to delete this thread if appropriate. :thumbup: