Newcomer questions

regen70

I've been flying the P51 for a fortnight now and have slowly got to grips with it - take off and landing are now achieved relatively smoothly (most of the time!)

The question is what to do next - there don't seem to be many missions available either from the developers or from the community. I got about halfway through the Campaign but abandoned it when it reset me to Mission 1 for no apparent reason - I didn't find flying through hoops particularly interesting anyway. Perhaps I will just have to wait until Europe 44 is launched.

Now for some dumb questions:

Is it possible to launch the FPS display automatically with each mission and can the font be made larger?

What is a reasonable FPS? I get 25 -35 with an I7 2.67ghz, GTX 680, 10GB RAM and DCS installed on an SSD with high settings

Can the Fast Mission Generator be made to select only P51s? I can't see any option to choose which aircraft to include

I've set up my own pilot identity but always seem to fly as a 'New Pilot'. How do I select my own identity?

I've mapped 'Eject' to a joystick button but it doesn't seem to work even when I press it 3 times. Does Eject only work with the keyboard?

Greetings and thanks in advance

Hi!

For some time I had the same problem that you have. I've mastered basic aviation skills very quickly (I have long simming experience) and then, at some time, P51 started to seem to me "dull".

But then I have started to learn flying in real life (of course not on P51 :) ). I got back to Mustang and started to investigate and learn more. Trying to understand all engine management and differences to my real life C152 and how all this stuff works. How spins, flat spins, landings on short runaways, emergency flame out landings e.t.c. behaves.

And IMHO this is the best feature of P51. But Europe 44 will definitely bring it to next level :pilotfly:.

I've mapped 'Eject' to a joystick button but it doesn't seem to work even when I press it 3 times. Does Eject only work with the keyboard?

I don't know why it doesn't work for you, but it definitely works for me in my Saitek X45.

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.