UH-1 View controls

Mavericko

Hey, I got the UH-1 the other day and was gonna start with the training missions today. I accidentily ****ed up the view controls trying to remember how to use snap view (remember it later), and now I can't freakin reset the view to it's default mode, anyone know any keybindings to completely reset the view? It doesn't matter if I restart the game, the view is still altered everytime I enter a Huey, wether it's in a mission or in the editor etc.

Edited by Mavericko

Numpad 5 usually resets to what has been your default view.

I say it like that because you can change that if the view lua file is enabled.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

You have to remap your view keys in Options, just remember to select the UH-1H and the mode which you wish to calibrate. (Simulation or Game)

Once you are in there, press Num05 and it should snap to the command. All the snap view commands should be close to each other on the list so it should be a breeze to remap everything.

I usually only use the snap-to-center key, and the zoom in, zoom normal keys and those are bound to my HOTAS buttons since I use the mini stick to look around. (No TrackIR FTW!)

Well you can adjust all the views using RCTL + RSHFT and the numpad keys, then when you get it to what you want as your default view, use RTALT + NUMPAD 0 to save.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

They keys are maped, I can use them to switch around but I hit something and now the center isn't my center. For example, at best I've managed to get my center well, it defaults to looking slightly to the right in the cockpit. So I can look in different directions, but when I hit 5 it snaps back to looking slightly to the right. There is a command called "Save Cockpit Angels" on RAlt - Num 0 which I've hit several times while I was mucking about earlier, and I guess that is what saved it but now I can't find a way to reset it.

Well I got the camera back to roughly what it was, though since I updated to 1.6 and installed UH-1 I have huge loading times and I wierd lag.. Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Edited by Mavericko

You have to delete the snapview.lua file in c:\documents\user\your name\saved games\dcs\view. Once you start DCS again a new file will be automatically created with new default snap views.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

;1893669']You have to delete the snapview.lua file in c:\documents\user\your name\saved games\dcs\view. Once you start DCS again a new file will be automatically created with new default snap views.

Thanks, though it's actually "c:\documents\user\your name\saved games\dcs\config\view"

Edited by Mavericko