SoftTH broken in 1.2.6

Darkphox

Hello all,

Background: I run a 1920x1200 monitor with two 600x800 Lilliputs for MFCD export via SoftTH.

Le Problem: 1.2.6 (as well as 1.2.3 IIRC) loads as if it were a secondary window, rather than the primary. The result is I can see the game screen just like normal but I can only click a portion of it. The left & right thirds of the screen are displayed properly, but it's like there's a clear window that I can't click through. This becomes a problem because I can load the game and even get into a mission...but I can't exit, close out menus, or manipulate the cockpit.

The issue is exacerbated because SoftTH disables Alt-Tab functionality. I have to Ctrl+alt+del every time.

I have two options. A: I stop exporting the MFCDs (turning expensive USB monitors into nice conversation pieces) or B: I roll back to 1.2.5 because it didn't have this problem (and lose ability to play with everyone else on 1.2.6). Neither is ideal.

I've had this problem on Nvidia and AMD, and it persists through a clean windows install (formatted for the sake of Fall cleaning).

I'm looking for any insight on a workaround, another way to export MFCDs to the USB monitors, or perhaps something I haven't thought to try?

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Darkphox

EVGA X-58 SLI3 w/ I7 920@ 4.2ghz | Corsair 1000HX | 180gb Intel SSD330 | 12gb OCZ @ 1600mhz | R9 290 3120x1200 (1920 + MFCDs on 2x lilliput UM-80s)

Bits: TM Warthog, TM OSBs, Saitek rudder pedals, Logitech G-15 & G-13, Mionix Naos 5k, TrackIR5 w/ proclip, Corsair HS1A

Doh!

I hate to be the pilot who cried SAM, but this was a quickly resolved problem...

I got a wild hair up my rear and decided to double check the SoftTH config file again...Zclear was set to 1 and it reminded me of an old post by Peter P regarding the Zclear setting. I switched it to 0 (off) and everything works!

A few mysteries remain...I know I set this to 0 in the past...might have accidentally set it to 1 when I re-installed SoftTH.

The other is I'm still not sure what the difference is between 1.2.5 and 1.2.6, since Zclear was still set to 1 in .5 but there was no problem.

In the end, everything is well again! Sorry for yelling about the sky falling!

EVGA X-58 SLI3 w/ I7 920@ 4.2ghz | Corsair 1000HX | 180gb Intel SSD330 | 12gb OCZ @ 1600mhz | R9 290 3120x1200 (1920 + MFCDs on 2x lilliput UM-80s)

Bits: TM Warthog, TM OSBs, Saitek rudder pedals, Logitech G-15 & G-13, Mionix Naos 5k, TrackIR5 w/ proclip, Corsair HS1A