Controller issue

ddf332

WTF!! I am using a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force USB Joystick and am having an issue with the game. When I am flying in the planes, and pull back or push forward on the stick it doesn't work all that well. Basically the planes stick(on the screen, and this is how it reacts) moves for a second and returns to center. If I bank left or right, no problem; if I go into the options menu and test the conteoller, no problem; it only happens when in flight. If I go into the Windows menu for controllers and test it , no problem. HELP!!

No luck! The altitude hold is not on, and no back or forth on the stick. If I use the keyboard controls I have the same problem. But, I do have a gamepad and it works fine, can climb and dive to my hearts content, just not with my joystick or the keyboard, only the gamepad.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

u got a conflict if it also does it with the keyboard aswell as the joystick.

look at all your key settings and maybe reset them back to defaults.

i use too use the evo a good while back with lock on an i never had this issue

it really does sound you mapped one of your keys to alttiude hold.if your sure check your joystick settings in game, check your curve is set right.

the only other thing i can think of is a reinstall of lockon an saitex's software

goodluck bro S!

'Basscadet'

"just when you thought they stopped putting monkeys in planes"

thScreenShot_130.jpgthDSCN0287.jpg

sig.png

Hey guys, thanks for the advice but I think I fixed my problem myself. I had my joystick and my gamepad plugged in at the same time. I tried unplugging the gamepad and I no longer have any problems. I have no idea why it worked, but it did. So now I'm happy.:D :D

• 5 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but I had the same problem with my USB Saitek Cyborg Evo. I've now upgraded to an X52 but I'm still having the same problems.

I've attached a track file to explain the problem. I seem to enter a flat spin once I start manoeuvring, once this begins I lose all control of the aircraft. You can see me trying to roll & pitch from the ailerons moving but I get no response. I only get control from the rudders.

I also have the problem with the plane pitching up/down but then returning to centre as ddf332 explained in his initial post. I have tried reinstalling the saitek drivers but this had had no effect and unplugging all my other devices. I've also checked my keyboard/mouse bindings for the axis etc to make sure nothing conflicts along with trying a reset to defaults.

Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

controlerror-track.zip