Mission success and FARPs?

Hello

Probably a little of a basic question but it applies to all DCS modules (inc. BS1) really...

I've been doing the Stray Eagle mission of the UH-1H module and the mission brief states you're supposed to land at FARP Dallas at the end of the mission.

But I don't know how to tell on the map (F10), or anywhere else, where FARP Dallas is and from what I can work out from the list given after I've quit the mission I started at FARP Paris.

So, how do I know exactly where to land if I'm told to land at a specific place - is there something on the map (F10) or something else (besides the compass which only gives you the general direction a beacon is in) that will tell me?

Secondly how do I know when I've actually succeeded at a mission - it's not like there's a "mission successful" message displayed anywhere?

Edited by Raven_Morpheus

Hi. Usually if you contact a specific FARP on the comm's you can request vectors and the ATC (if available) will give you a heading to follow. There might also possibly be waypoints on your knee-board as to where you need to go. As for mission success if you have succeeded or completed the mission goals there is a message at the top of the screen that usually states "MISSION SUCCESSFUL" if the mission creator has put put such a "triggered" message in the mission. As for finding the FARP on the F10 map it's just a matter of looking for it unless the mission creator has deliberately or mistakenly made it "hidden" in which case you won't see or find it. I may be wrong on this ... but if you have fog of war enabled you might not see items on the map unless they are within detection range of friendly units but seeing as it is a friendly FARP... If it's there you "should" see it.

Hmm, I probably need to learn how to use the comms then (still haven't worked out which buttons etc. to press for talking to ATC etc.).

The mission gives a frequency for an NDB for that FARP but it doesn't pinpoint the FARP on the F10 map or anything else apart from the compass, and unless you know exactly where you're going you'll end up going round in circles, well I do and did.

In that particular mission the only FARP I could see (either visually, on the kneeboard, briefing pages, or on the F10 map) is the one I took off from.

I need to give that particular mission another go anyway as I didn't land properly when I did land at the end, I ripped a skid off the right side.

Edited by Raven_Morpheus