Shkval laser overheat/burnout cheat

Does anyone know how to edit this game so that the laser overheating issue is eliminated?

I know it takes a bit of the realism away (and that it is a real world issue) but is this modification possible?

I would suppose that the core program keeps a count on laser useage and calculates the time to laser failiure, so wouldn't it be possible to either increase the starting value of the laser (giving it a longer life span) or "stop the clock" on the usage?

I do hope that someone can help as I am fed up with having to slam my shark into the floor to get the ground crew to repair it.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Иван.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=49137&highlight=laser+temp

I know laser burnout depends a lot on the weather, the colder it is outside the longer it takes for the laser burnout. The best practice is to acquire the target lock, turn laser on, shoot vihker, turn laser off. This usually gives you more laser time. You can also mod the Ka50 device_init.lua to show the laser temp in your HUD.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

As Reaper6 said, I now simply switch the laser on to fire, then switch it off immediately after impact. It's now bound to a button on my HOTAS and is part of my normal procedure.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Once you uncage your shkval and have it centered on your target, lock your target. Turn your laser on - hit lock again(fires laser) - fire missile - turn laser off after impact.

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

I gave you bad information about the laser temp in the HUD. The file you need to edit is the HUD_SHKVAL_page.lua (found in: DCS World-Mods-aircraft-Ka-50-Cockpit-scripts-HUD).

If you have notepad++, remove "--[[" from line 127 & "--]]" from line 137 and save.

This will allow you to see the laser temp on the bottom of the HUD, but only visible after you uncage SHKVAL.

"De oppresso liber"

Depends on outside temp, from my experience. With Outside Air temp being normal (20C) you have around 1000 seconds of laser burn time. You can add seconds to this the colder the Outside Air temp. The hotter the Outside Air temp the shorter the laser burn time. The laser temp shown in the HUD is in kelvins(I believe). You will notice the temp will go up during ranging and guidance, and begin to cool when you turn the laser off. If you are continuously firing the laser, it takes longer for the laser to cool. So from my experience; laser active time, laser cool down time between activations, Outside Air temp, are all determining factors in laser "burnout". I am by no means the DCS laser expert, this is just information based on my experience.

Edited by Reaper6
additional information

"De oppresso liber"