ROE

oldpop

I read in the DCS doc that AAA elements are defaulted to "weapons free" when placed in ME. I don't see that when an SA2 site is selected.

The site would not fire at me, even when I made it "weapons free".

placed a "P19", FanSong rad and SA2 launcher.

What is true?

Ground units should indeed default to weapon free when placed in the editor. Aircraft have more complex options, and default to "only designated" to prevent unintended attacks (just FYI while we're on the subject.) This is somewhat counteracted by the default taskings such as CAS and CAP which direct AI to attack any hostile air or ground unit they detect on the map. But back to your original question: all SAM site components in multi-unit complex systems must be a member of the same group.

When you place the first object, you will see "Unit X of X" in the menu that appears on the right side of the screen. Increase the object count by click the arrow next to "of X" and select the appropriate units.

I.E. Unit 1 of 3 = P19

Unit 2 of 3 = Fan Song

Unit 3 of 3 = SA-2 Launcher

AI skill level will also play a part in engagement ranges and effectiveness. Use the "Heading" entry (or click and drag on the arrow) to choose which way the system will be oriented.

Find attached a sample mission showing an SA-2 attacking a B-52 as it approaches the site.

SA2 Example.miz

Edited by feefifofum