Cannot install FC 2.0

jud12

Look in registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On 1.1\Path and see if it has appended \lockon.bat to the end.

If so, remove just the \lockon.bat part and try again. Worked for me, I had installations from LO Gold CDs installed too.

• Like 1

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

hello,

i have the same problem, the installer can't find the lockon 1.1.

I always choose another file than "C program file eagledynamic" to install my games.

the path is E:/ games/lockon

how that installer can find the lockon original 1.1 file?

I will not reinstall lockon1.1, it took me too long to set up all my changes.

What should i do?:cry:

thks

@topdog - excellent thanks very much :)

I had the same problem and this fixed it.

Super :) Glad it worked. I guess some of the CD revisions shipped had a slightly modified installer bundle.

hello,

i have the same problem, the installer can't find the lockon 1.1.

I always choose another file than "C program file eagledynamic" to install my games.

the path is E:/ games/lockon

how that installer can find the lockon original 1.1 file?

I will not reinstall lockon1.1, it took me too long to set up all my changes.

What should i do?:cry:

thks

Let's see if you've got a similar problem or not. Open up the Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

Then type this in and see what comes back:-

reg query "HKCU\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On 1.1" /v path

For you I guess it should be something like:-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On 1.1
   path    REG_SZ    E:\Games\Lockon

And you should have E:\Games\Lockon\lockon.exe and the other files existing inside that folder mentioned.

If it comes back with no results at all, or a different location to where you have lockon.exe, or like some of us it has an entry that includes a filename too (e.g. E:\Games\Lockon\lockon.bat) then give us the info about where exactly the lockon.exe is found and what results that command provided and it should be possible to suggest things for you to try.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

No luck. I have clean lock on installed to the default location, but on drive E: command prompt replays to the text topdog supplied The system cannot find the path specified.

Edited by norm

No luck. I have clean lock on installed to the default location, but on drive E: command prompt replays to the text topdog supplied The system cannot find the path specified.

If you have a localized version of LockON you might experience an issue where the FC2 cannot recognize it.

You might have to Upgrade the Lockon to FC1.

Then try to run the FC2 setup.exe again - remember to keep all 3 files you downloaded in the same directory, f.ex C:\FC2Setup

If this doesn't work - give us the details on which version you have:

- Windows OS, Language and Servicepack level

- Lockon version installed, and product Language

- FC2 product language

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

If you have a localized version of LockON you might experience an issue where the FC2 cannot recognize it.

You might have to Upgrade the Lockon to FC1.

Then try to run the FC2 setup.exe again - remember to keep all 3 files you downloaded in the same directory, f.ex C:\FC2Setup

If this doesn't work - give us the details on which version you have:

- Windows OS, Language and Servicepack level

- Lockon version installed, and product Language

- FC2 product language

Our operating system is Windows XP, English, Service Pack 3.

I am not sure which version of lockon, how can i determine this? Its in English, as is the FC2.

Ah, English version - If you reinstall Lockon it should fix it's own registry keys again - then you can try FC2 yet again.

If not, just upgrade the lockon to FC1 before trying to install FC2 separatly.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Let's see if you've got a similar problem or not. Open up the Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

Then type this in and see what comes back:-

reg query "HKCU\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On 1.1" /v path

For you I guess it should be something like:-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On 1.1
   path    REG_SZ    E:\Games\Lockon

I am experiencing the same issue and I have tried the query. My response from cmd was "error: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value."

I have a heavily modded version of FC1 with multiple installs and the directory is:

C:\\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP