Graphical issues

First off I would like to say hello to everyone, as this is my first time posting. I am truly majestified (I hereby declare that a word) by the DCS Series.

Now, onto my point. After installing Ka-50 (the first one) a while ago, I had no issues with the graphics there. But when I installed DCS: A-10C on a later date via disc, I had some issues with the models. I was able to see through them for the most part. Not entirely transparent, but I could see to the bottom of that part of the model, as an example. I have several screenshots to show what I am experiencing. I made this account a while ago but never got around to getting this done. I have the same problem on DCS World, which I installed when I downloaded FC3 from here. When I zoom out on the viewed aircraft in the games, it would be corrected and the model was normal. I don't only get this with aircraft, as the ground models, both vehicles AND tanks go crazy too, sometimes disappearing altogether.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated. I know my paragraph was a bit clustered but writing was never my strong suit. If you need any more info, feel free to ask.

1654498250_dcs2012-12-1720-33-55-12.thumb.jpg.ffb381d74cd7ffcb47d33a5db5f25d5c.jpg

315213290_dcs2013-01-3116-06-51-07.thumb.jpg.185b266b4f09966047a1ab1cd85105f0.jpg

1635319514_dcs2013-01-3116-04-45-05.thumb.jpg.2c4cb11db6fb2d78e4f36e2bef1b07f4.jpg

1082664971_dcs2012-12-1720-40-38-08.thumb.jpg.63ea76bb4fae15794ce220c68983e9cc.jpg

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

System Specs?

I can guarantee this is a side effect of nVidia Optimus Technology allowing the GPU in the intel Chip render the game instead of the actual nVidia GPU.

The Polycount of the LOD001/002 is higher than anything the Intel Chip's integrated HD2000/3000 GPU can handle.

Configure Optimus to Force Discrete GPU

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

System Specs?

I can guarantee this is a side effect of nVidia Optimus Technology allowing the GPU in the intel Chip render the game instead of the actual nVidia GPU.

The Polycount of the LOD001/002 is higher than anything the Intel Chip's integrated HD2000/3000 GPU can handle.

Configure Optimus to Force Discrete GPU

specs are:

8gb RAM

Nvidia Geforce GT 630M

Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU @2.3 GHz

uhhhh, do I need anything else? I'm just going off of what is on the system page, forgive my stupidity.

She can run Arma on high with around 20-25 FPS, its not the weakest of machines.

How do I do what you said about force discrete?

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

^that works now

Some Games (Normally POPULAR Titles), have pre-made Application Profiles for the Drivers that automatically setup the game to run the best.

Games that are in a class by itself or arent super popular, dont get that kind of attention.

So, like i said, we need to Turn Off nVidia Optimus for DCS World.

Goto nVidia Control Panel.

Manage 3d Settings,

-In section one, Select a Program to Customize

if DCS World is not in the Drop Down menu. Click add and Add the DCS.exe or the DCS_launcher.exe, i think DCS.exe will work.

-In Section 2, Select the Preferred graphics processor for this program.

Choose HIGH-PERFORMANCE nVIDIA PROCESSOR.

-In Section 3, Slect settings for this program:

They should be on Application Controlled.

users with nVidia GPUs and a SB i7 should look at this first, as there really isnt a pre-Made Profile for DCS at all.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I'm sorry for not helping you here but it's a bit cool to see the inner workings of the 3D model.

You can open EDM in the Model Viewer program in the /DCS/ Folder and zoom/move the camera and look at it from the inside out.

Some Games (Normally POPULAR Titles), have pre-made Application Profiles for the Drivers that automatically setup the game to run the best.

Games that are in a class by itself or arent super popular, dont get that kind of attention.

So, like i said, we need to Turn Off nVidia Optimus for DCS World.

Goto nVidia Control Panel.

Manage 3d Settings,

-In section one, Select a Program to Customize

if DCS World is not in the Drop Down menu. Click add and Add the DCS.exe or the DCS_launcher.exe, i think DCS.exe will work.

-In Section 2, Select the Preferred graphics processor for this program.

Choose HIGH-PERFORMANCE nVIDIA PROCESSOR.

-In Section 3, Slect settings for this program:

They should be on Application Controlled.

users with nVidia GPUs and a SB i7 should look at this first, as there really isnt a pre-Made Profile for DCS at all.

Thanks for the response again

I don't see any choice for "application controlled" in part 3? I've done everything else though.

^that works now

then leave them on their default settings..

But im pretty sure Anti-Strophic Filtering has an "Application Controlled" option, as was as Anti-Aliasing and VSYNC.

i havent been with nVidia Cards since my new system was finished, and my back up system is being used for parts while I build another some I can boot that up and look directly at the settings options.

There maybe a preset for DCS Blackshark. you can try taking note of those and use those on the dcs.exe profile.

Did forcing Discrete GPU fix your problem?

Edited by SkateZilla

then leave them on their default settings..

But im pretty sure Anti-Strophic Filtering has an "Application Controlled" option, as was as Anti-Aliasing and VSYNC.

i havent been with nVidia Cards since my new system was finished, and my back up system is being used for parts while I build another some I can boot that up and look directly at the settings options.

Oh, you didn't say it was in Anti-Strophic filtering. Do I need to change the other things you said too?

^that works now

leave everything else on their defaults/auto.

Someone else with a similar nVidia GPU can prolly tell you their settings.

the main things were forcing NVIDIA GPU (so DCS doesnt use the intel HD GPU), FSAA and AF set to Application controlled. that way DCS can control those things/

leave everything else on their defaults/auto.

Someone else with a similar nVidia GPU can prolly tell you their settings.

the main things were forcing NVIDIA GPU (so DCS doesnt use the intel HD GPU), FSAA and AF set to Application controlled. that way DCS can control those things/

SIR I OWE YOU THREE COOKIES

IT WORKS

ACH MEIN GOTT

NO ISSUES

YES

Thank you very much, you are a gentleman for this.

You folks are much better than 4chan

^that works now

• 3 months later...
SIR I OWE YOU THREE COOKIES

IT WORKS

ACH MEIN GOTT

NO ISSUES

YES

Thank you very much, you are a gentleman for this.

You folks are much better than 4chan

I saw you have the NVIDIA GeForce 630M on your laptop.

Is this card capable of running DCS world with sufficient FPS and performance on 1920x1080 resolution? (Are you satisfied from it?)

Sven

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]