world.event.S_EVENT_SHOT in DCS W 1.2.15?

SNAFU

I have notice that in the actual version of DCS 1.2.15 the event world.event.S_EVENT_SHOT will not be triggered, if a player drops a bomb. Testing on a dedicated server, hosting in MP and playing in SP, it was not logged in the event log you can pull up in game in SP.

AI shots get logged and trigger the event. Did I miss something? Is this a bug or intention?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

For me it doesn´t work anymore. Also others using this event-function.

GAU-8 shots still appear in the event log, but dropping bombs doesn´t.

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Wrong forum section, hope an admin can move this.

I'll look into it. -- edit. Ugh. Not sure how this one got passed everyone. I've reported it.

GAU 8 events are on a S_EVENT_SHOOTING_START. Other weapons like firing missiles and rockets would be under S_EVENT_SHOT.

Edited by Grimes

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks for reporting, Grimes.

...and my fault with the wrong forum section, but I was a little in a hurry and just noticed, the moment I pressed "post quick reply".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone check/confirm if this got resolved in the beta 1.2.16 Update 1? I don't see it referenced in the release notes, but it might be too insignificant issue to warrant a separate mention there.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I just thought this was the way it was meant to be. There are a few things which I thought were interesting choices in the DCS scripting environment. Is this the sort of thing we should report?

Report anything you might think is a scripting bug in the following forum section: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=190

If it is a bug it'll get reported by a tester, most likely me. If its not a bug someone will at least give you some feedback on why its not a bug.

Just don't post it in the Lockon/FC2 section. Cause it didn't even have a scripting engine. :D

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 3 weeks later...

Well, still not fixed in the released 1.2.16. Hopefully with the next patch then.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!