Video Question

blueskunk

hi

can anyone explain how to get those camera angles: [ame]

[/ame]

most of them i wouldn't have a clue how to achieve.

is there a 3rd party program or is it in-game functionality? if so, is there any documentation for that?

much appreciated

(ps: i found a bunch of tips in the forum but nothing yet that would allow me to create those kind of shots)

hi bucic,

here are some:

0:08 - 0:09

a sideways movement of the camera, while it is pointing in a different direction.

i can move the camera fwd or back slowly (different speeds) using the mousewheel but when i point the camera sideways as it moves using the mouse i get this choppy motion. nothing like a smooth pan at all. and the camera doesn't continue on it's path. instead it moves where i'm pointing it.

0:23 is good, too. as the camera slowly zooms in it stays pointed at the jet taking off. slow zooms i can't do. just really fast ones ...

everything out of the cockpit seems doable using track ir, i suppose.

all the outside shots i can manage are where the camera is maintaining its distance to the jet. i can move it around with the mouse but that is a very edgy movement.

0:55 or 1:01

that view onto the front of the jet, while the camera moves backwards. i know how to position the camera into space (i usually pause the game). but when i press play the camera isn't tied to the jet at all and the plane zooms out of view imediately. if i use something f2 or f4ish it doesn't end up looking like that at all.

1:14 that chase scene, where the camera doesn't look like it's tied to either of the 2 jets.

i could go on....

if these shots are really only achieved using the methods described in your thread i'm just totally impressed :-)

...or, of course, i do it all wrong (which i can't rule out, tbh).

anyway...

thanks for taking the time :-)

0:23 [LCtrl+F11] plus lock [Numpad .] ; the swaying is done within video editing software (it's actually justr cropping with a moving video frame***). Same with zooming in, IF there is any. It could be done with the regular in-game zoom function as well. Zooming works smoothly even by default, so try it out. You can also attach the camera to a hovering helicopter :)

Remember you can alter the camera parameters in the view.lua to have e.g. zooming 10 times slower than the default. IF the [LShift+J] shaking works for a certain camera it can be altered similarly as well (by default it provides at least two presets you can cycle in-game). Requires at least highschool math ;) Any aspiring video maker should investigate inertia parameters if there are any.

0:55, 1:01, 1:14 [LShift+F4] attached to another aircraft

Also you can fly the [LCtrl+F11] camera. Slowly or at several Machs. Try with the muse wheel for starters.

TODO:

check if [LShift+J] works in [LCtrl+F11]

*** for the purpose you capture a video of higher resolution than the intended output resolution. The RAT (the built-in Record AVI Tool) could help, IIRC.

/watch?v=SNAOtjyrG4w

[ame]

[/ame]
Edited by Bucic
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a question too if anyone is active here anymore. I´d like to make a shot in which my aircraft is fly a straight line and I postion my camera in front of it. I want the camera to stay the same speed as the aircraft is going but also stay in place! Which means when I break right, the camera wont move. Only the aircraft will. With the free camera I need to catch up, find the speed, adjust with mouse and then MAYBE I get a decent shot...

Anyone have an answer?

I have a question too if anyone is active here anymore. I´d like to make a shot in which my aircraft is fly a straight line and I postion my camera in front of it. I want the camera to stay the same speed as the aircraft is going but also stay in place! Which means when I break right, the camera wont move. Only the aircraft will. With the free camera I need to catch up, find the speed, adjust with mouse and then MAYBE I get a decent shot...

Anyone have an answer?

Record from a second aircraft or use the free camera method.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]