TM Warthog Engine IDLE/OFF Detent

Colseg

After using a modified joystick default lua created by Polaris1 in order to get idle detent functionality for the FW-190D9 I was disappointed that no one had created a similar modification for the F-86F as I quite enjoy the feeling of lifting my throttle over a detent during the engine start up procedure. After doing some research on how to make these modifications I created a similar one for the F-86F.

This default.lua file when placed in the location specified by the file structure within the zipped archive will add an extra binding "Throttle - Start/Stop", I set this to both my left and right throttle off detent such that I advance the left throttle first to engage the outboard position and then advance the right throttle in order to set the Sabre's throttle to idle. Due the the nature of the binding moving either throttle to off will bring the Sabre's throttle to the fully off position as I do not believe there is a control_command to bring the throttle from idle to outboard.

I believe this should work with JSGME however I do not use JSGME so any feedback on whether or not it works would be appreciated.

If anyone has any requests for other modified mappings I can look into adding them to this file.

F-86 Custom Controls.rar

Edited by Colseg

I'm going to have to try this. Not only do I enjoy using the HOTAS whenever possible opposed to hitting keys on the keyboard, it could help as I try to kill the engine midair for restarts and other practice.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...