Tutorial: How to set up a custom 'Numpad Enter' FOV

So I've seen a lot of threads about how to do this, but none of them actually did what the title says:
Set up a custom
FOV
for your Numpad Enter key

All of those threads said that you have to open some sort of file, edit values, etc.

Well I have a simple in-game way of doing this! :D

I don't know if a tutorial thread like this already exists. If it does - excuse me :music_whistling:

I just want to share this easy to set up finding.

Let's get to it!

First of all you have to disable the use of default views by doing this:

1. Go to X:\\DCS World\Config\View

2. Open up View.lua

2. Find the line:
UseDefaultSnapViews = true
and change it to
UseDefaultSnapViews = false
.Then save it and all that good stuff.. :)

Since we got that set up, now we have to launch our game.

Now, when you get in your cockpit do the following:

1. Center your view

2. Zoom in or out to your preferred FOV

3. Press RALT+Num0 to save your view INCLUDING your FOV

Now you're good to go! Try to zoom in or out and then press Numpad Enter. You will notice that it switched back to your FOV that you just set. :)

Warning: If you have TrackIR, you will probably need to shut it off while doing this, otherwise it won't save the view the way you want it!

If you need official in-depth info on this go

Hopefully this was helpful to some.

Let me know if this was usefull ;)

-CAS

Edited by CASoldier2014

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

OK Thanks for that , but it didn't work. It seemed to work perfectly with the Track IR disabled but as soon as I restarted TIR it did the same thing again. Soooo, it has to be TIR related and just with SU27!

This is starting to annoy me now,

...Guy

Helicopters!! Never trust anything that screws itself into the air!

It's probably not going to work in multiplayer cause mp server utilize it's own View.lua file ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

It's probably not going to work in multiplayer cause mp server utilize it's own View.lua file ;)

That depends on the mission running.

In the mission file there might be a "config" folder. It should not be there on server side! If it is, all the files therein will be overwritten to the client side.

The fix for that is very easy. Open the .miz file in winrar and simply delete the config folder. This way, no matter how the client has his views setup, it will not be overwritten.

The .miz file should only have the relevant files in it for the mission.

That depends on the mission running.

In the mission file there might be a "config" folder. It should not be there on server side! If it is, all the files therein will be overwritten to the client side.

The fix for that is very easy. Open the .miz file in winrar and simply delete the config folder. This way, no matter how the client has his views setup, it will not be overwritten.

The .miz file should only have the relevant files in it for the mission.

Good to know that Sir :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds